Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I wonder if this is a common this problem? Think I'll visit my dealer next week.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just got a phone call from the dealer and they have not fixed it. They are waiting for a phone call from the Telematic department of Toyota.
They reset my DCM module then they replaced it. I lost all my seat settings and navigation settings have to redo the phone settings.
Basically when I Get the car back I have to do everything from scratch just like the very first day I picked it up from delivery. I am not happy about that they could’ve at least saved my seat settings my contrast settings things like that.
They are no closer to fixing it then when I brought it in.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Hmm. I was hoping that replacing the DCM module would fix everything. I'm probably going to the dealer this week. I just hope they don't return the car to me saying everything is ok. Unfortunately many of the service advisors are clueless.
I just noticed I can't reply to a text message using voice. I don't know if that is related to the DCM issue or not.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I was told to pick up the car today. The Dynamic Navigation still doesn’t work. Apparently all the technological wizards that worked on the car came to the conclusion that it has something to do with the back end telematics in the Toyota IT department.
I am wondering at this point if dynamic navigation is off line nationwide, and Toyota does not even know!
My suggestion was just give me a brand new navigation unit and it should work. They told me they have not been advised to do that yet.
I just spent three hours redoing everything in my car from scratch just like the very first day I took delivery on it. Every single setting you change or adjust had to be redone. All of this crap for absolutely nothing.
I just don’t want anybody else to have to go through this.
if anybody has dynamic navigation I would really like to know if Dynamic Navigation is even working at this time.It should say optimized from the cloud every single time you put a route in.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Today I officially requested that Toyota purchases the car back from me They said the process takes between 30 to 45 days. Dynamic navigation not working. Gas tank refuel problem. When I got the car back now my rear camera doesn’t work properly.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
A90210 I tried to each out to you via this website's private conversation feature but it appears you have it turned off. I went to the dealer and nobody, including the service tech, knew anything about dynamic nav. Clueless. I called Toyota while they listened and Toyota asked the tech to create a trouble ticket. I will have to bring it back and leave it all day, but I feel nothing will get fixed. Toyota suggested that if the "cloud" is spinning dynamic nav is working. When I asked about the downloading optimized route message that used to appear Toyota was unsure if that message should still be showing. The cloud is shown in the upper left corner of the screen. It starts as the microphone/voice icon but changes to cloud icon when you enter a destination via voice. I still don't know if my dynamic nav is working! Good luck with returning your car. I assume that is not approved yet? I'm not ready to return yet. Can you please confirm if you see the cloud spinning?

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Does the cloud icon in the upper left indicate dynamic navigation is working? Any t
houghts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
700 Posts
That's just the local weather icon... Sunny with partial clouds. My 2 ct

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
A90210 I tried to each out to you via this website's private conversation feature but it appears you have it turned off. I went to the dealer and nobody, including the service tech, knew anything about dynamic nav. Clueless. I called Toyota while they listened and Toyota asked the tech to create a trouble ticket. I will have to bring it back and leave it all day, but I feel nothing will get fixed. Toyota suggested that if the "cloud" is spinning dynamic nav is working. When I asked about the downloading optimized route message that used to appear Toyota was unsure if that message should still be showing. The cloud is shown in the upper left corner of the screen. It starts as the microphone/voice icon but changes to cloud icon when you enter a destination via voice. I still don't know if my dynamic nav is working! Good luck with returning your car. I assume that is not approved yet? I'm not ready to return yet. Can you please confirm if you see the cloud spinning?
If you want to know if dynamic navigation is working, all you have to do is put in the location of a business that just moved to a new location or just opened up. If you have dynamic navigation operational it will give you the new address of the business that has moved. Otherwise the hard drive built-in to the navigation system will give you the old location.
This is the process I used at the service department to prove it was not working.
A restaurant opened up down the street from the dealership. only the old location would show up on the navigation system. That was solid proof dynamic navigation was not working. Plus I used to always get the message the route is optimized from the cloud.
when dynamic navigation was working it did show the new location of this restaurant.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
What if you put in a destination that is far away that you've never been to before, that should trigger it reaching out to get information. Unless like older CD based systems where the whole region is on the CDROM, it would still find info but it could be wrong.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
What if you put in a destination that is far away that you've never been to before, that should trigger it reaching out to get information. Unless like older CD based systems where the whole region is on the CDROM, it would still find info but it could be wrong.
Every single time you put in an address POI or Destiination it will say optimized from the cloud it is actually checking the database within Toyota through the DCM module. It is the latest greatest information including brand new roads just like if you were using Google Maps but it does this through your DCM Using the Verizon wireless network through the Toyota database.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I agree with you. I'm looking for the optimized message in the system and I'm not getting it like I used to. My only concern is when Toyota's tech sees that darn Cloud spinning they're going to say that's cloud-based, the system is working, and we cant do more. I say this because I overheard Toyota telling the tech to look for the cloud. The tech didn't see the clouds spinning but I do every time. Sounds like you got Toyota to at least admit you're Dynamic nav is not working. Bravo

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Every single time you put in an address POI or Destiination it will say optimized from the cloud it is actually checking the database within Toyota through the DCM module. It is the latest greatest information including brand new roads just like if you were using Google Maps but it does this through your DCM Using the Verizon wireless network through the Toyota database.
So it updates each time even if the existing information already in the system is the same? I guess that makes sense as a just in case.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I agree with you. I'm looking for the optimized message in the system and I'm not getting it like I used to. My only concern is when Toyota's tech sees that darn Cloud spinning they're going to say that's cloud-based, the system is working, and we cant do more. I say this because I overheard Toyota telling the tech to look for the cloud. The tech didn't see the clouds spinning but I do every time. Sounds like you got Toyota to at least admit you're Dynamic nav is not working. Bravo
f you want to know if dynamic navigation is working, all you have to do is put in the location of a business that just moved to a new location or just opened up. If you have dynamic navigation operational it will give you the new address of the business that has moved. Otherwise the hard drive built-in to the navigation system will give you the old location.
if you do this you can show the service department at Toyota it is not working. There will be no disputing the fact it is or is not working.
I showed them a restaurant that moved and only the old location showed up that is how I proved to them dynamic navigation is not working. You are right the dealer has no clue what dynamic navigation is you have to teach them.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts