Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a RAV4 XLE Premium 2019.
The dynamic radar cruise control is accelerating, decelerating by not breaking if the car I am following decelerate by applying a light break. So I have to break manually.
I tried other RAV4, thay all apply a soft break while dynamic cruising.
I scanned the car and it has no fault.
Anyone can help?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think my rav4 decelerates too much behind a car which is getting off the highway. That the most dangerous part of my trip. Sometimes truck drivers honk at me cause my rav slowed downed too much. I learned to accelerate while my car wants to slow down in order to make more space in front of the car in front of me.

Do you find your ravs action dangerous ?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would also be rather annoyed if a vehicle ahead of me would cause my car to BREAK. However, in MY car, it will only BRAKE.
Sorry, just had to do it.

Are you saying that your car does not slow down at all, or that it gets too close before slowing? My only experience with Dynamic Cruise is my Sienna, so I am presuming that another Toyota product would be pretty much the same. The following distance is adjustable, so make sure yours is not adjusted to the closest distance, which I find to be a bit too close for comfort at times.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I assume you already know - but you can adjust the distance by how much it follows by pressing the distance button - top left above the circular thing where the cruise control is . Your 3 choices range from 100 to 160 feet.

I have never had any issue with mine - it stops just fine. People drive too erratically around here to make it of much use so I usually defeat it and just go to basic cruise control.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I assume you already know - but you can adjust the distance by how much it follows by pressing the distance button - top left above the circular thing where the cruise control is . Your 3 choices range from 100 to 160 feet.

I have never had any issue with mine - it stops just fine. People drive too erratically around here to make it of much use so I usually defeat it and just go to basic cruise control.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To make it clear,
I know how the system works since we have a Lexus 2019.
Under dynamic radar cruise, my car decelrates if a car is ahead and doesn't break even if i am 5cm far ( i tried it and it was very dangerous ).
If we have any Toyota techician in this forum let them answer, since you other are trying to be helpful but in fact no.
I don't need to be explained how the system works, neither how to set the safety distance, i have a failure in the system and only Toyota experts might be helpful.
Thank you all for your comprehension

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
If we have any Toyota techician in this forum let them answer, since you other are trying to be helpful but in fact no.
I apologize, i mistook this for a public forum on Rav4's. Not your personal technician only forum.

Seems your the one that needs to learn some manners.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
I am waiting fir a technician here. I cannot go to Toyota. I bought a car from Canada and I am driving it in the Gulf region. So there is no warranty
You might be waiting a while. I've been on this forum for years and it's pretty rare when someone confesses to being a Toyota Tech here.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 LE
285 Posts
Has the car been modified at all? What are you using to scan the system for faults? If you have done any work/removed the front bumper it is possible the radar needs to be re calibrated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts