Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to get their android e-mail app to connect to their 2017 Rav?
My phone connects perfectly and SMS messages are forwarded and read by the system but I can't get the e-mail to work.
My phone is an LG Stylo 2 Plus.
I was using Aqua Mail for an e-mail client but their support people advised their program can't forward e-mails via bluetooth at this time.
I also tried the default Android e-mail client as well as GMail without any luck.
If anyone has it working please let me know what e-mail program you are using and anything special you did to get it working.
thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the phone pairied alright - SMS messages come through perfectly. As I said the support people at AquaMail said the ability to forward e-mail by Bluetooth isn't built into their program so what I am looking for is the name of an e-mail program that has this ability.
By the way even though we don't have full Entune here in Canada my phone is show as compatible so I think the problem is finding an e-mail program that can forward via Bluetooth.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have an iPhone and have only been able to get SMS messages to work - but only incoming. I can't send texts out.

I have the phone pairied alright - SMS messages come through perfectly. As I said the support people at AquaMail said the ability to forward e-mail by Bluetooth isn't built into their program so what I am looking for is the name of an e-mail program that has this ability.
By the way even though we don't have full Entune here in Canada my phone is show as compatible so I think the problem is finding an e-mail program that can forward via Bluetooth.

·
Registered
211 Posts
My wife has an SG7 and uses Outlook. Her mail is displayed and played just fine. She has never tried to reply, but says that there is some way to say she is busy now and will reply later.
I wonder if Entune will let you reply; the Navigation system will not let you put in a destination, so maybe the email cannot be input while the car is moving. Guess I will test that function.

·
0 Posts
We don't get Entune in Canada.
Sorry, I understand.. But the entune site shows the phone compatibility for all options. It will tell you if your phone is able to do email, texting, etc., on display..

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have an iPhone and have only been able to get SMS messages to work - but only incoming. I can't send texts out.
Hi Boldlygo - I too have an iPhone. There is a work-around by using the Mobile Assistant which will allow you to generate and send texts with the iPhone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tried Outlook but it will not connect to my ISP's e-mail server so still searching for solution.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts