Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the subject shows it all. I dropped my Bluetooth earbud and it landed on the gasket around the emergency brake. When I tried to pick it up, it slipped down thru the gasket and is apparently totally lost down there.

Any ideas if this could cause a problem? I don’t know what’s in that area or where a small earbud (the size of a hearing aid) might lodge. Am trying to decide if I need to take it in to the dealer on Monday. I don’t care about the earbud. The battery is dead on it by now and I hav3 spares. But I don’t want to cause problems with my car.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
If that happened with me my inclination would be to not worry about it. If you can shine a light through the slot and see the earbud it might be possible to retrieve it with a large tweezer. The worst that might happen could be that it becomes wedged in the handbrake lever mechanism and might prevent the brake from being applied or released completely. If so, a bit of force when using the brake lever should crush the earbud sufficiently to eliminate the problem.

One possible problem could be that it may cause a minor rattle in its un-crushed form. Other forum members may have different opinions.

Reactions: Janet
1 - 2 of 2 Posts