Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have a 2006 rav4 which I love taking on the beach

However more of the tracks are dig in by big landcruisers with big tires and I keep getting bottomed out

Atm I m hoping I cam swap my 4 cylinder Springs with the v6 version for a little lift. Would that even work? If not, do u have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
ground clearance is the same for both engines, so that won't help...

bigger tires, or a lift kit

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi all,
I have a 2006 rav4 which I love taking on the beach

However more of the tracks are dig in by big landcruisers with big tires and I keep getting bottomed out

Atm I m hoping I cam swap my 4 cylinder Springs with the v6 version for a little lift. Would that even work? If not, do u have any suggestions?
Hi mindrion,

I also take my Rav up the beach a fair bit. They go extremely well and I have wiped the smirk of quiet a few bogged Landcruiser and Patrol owners. I have the V6 version which helps power wise, as i can stay out of the tracks and limit belly scraping. My tips are:

1) 16" Series 1 Highlander (or Kluger if you are in Oz) steel wheels and 245/70/16 AT LT tyres - more clearance and cheaper to replace than 17" tyres. Can also run low pressures without the sidewall collapsing/ballooning like the std road tyres do that come on the Rav. Highlander wheels are cheap and bolt on, and look like factory with the Toyota caps.

2) Turn off traction control by doing the 'tap dance' (search threads). It kicks in a lot when you start scraping which kills you.

3) Lift kits - there are spring kits and spacer kit options. good starting point:

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/99-4-3-mechanical/86812-rav4-custom-coil-spacer-lift.html

I have posted on the last page about a Russian distributor of spacer kits which are quite cheap. Not many people make lift kits for the Rav unfortunately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts