Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Rav4 back in August and realized that it had some serious power surprisingly. I'm trying to get some more out of it tho, and i was wondering if there are some easy, inexpensive mods to add horsepower.... anything helps!!:D

thanks

iJayC

·
Registered
27 Posts
AFE 31-10151 DRY Air Filter. $62.95 on Amazon...and pretty much everywhere else...hard to find a deal on it, so just pay the full retail.(I spent 2 months trying to shave $10 off, but that was a waste of my time)

I did notice the take off throttle was snappier and smoother...plus, oil free is easy, just rinse and dry every...ohhh...5-10k???

Part number is for V6....maybe fits I4....??

·
Registered
27 Posts
No more so far...other posts indicate working on exhaust is not worth the money.

I too am looking for more, but at 269hp...that is pretty potent as it is.

Mods are hard to find for the Rav4 V6.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
No more so far...other posts indicate working on exhaust is not worth the money.

I too am looking for more, but at 269hp...that is pretty potent as it is.

Mods are hard to find for the Rav4 V6.

I've seen a post or two about reflashing the ECU for 10hp/tq gains near the top end, look for R9K Tuned, not sure if its legit or not, just throwing it out there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Someone on this forum changed the exhaust system and used lighter wheels to improve performance. Not sure if you really need that much power unless you are racing. It is already quick as it is and can out accelerate most cars.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I got my Rav4 back in August and realized that it had some serious power surprisingly. I'm trying to get some more out of it tho, and i was wondering if there are some easy, inexpensive mods to add horsepower.... anything helps!!:D

thanks

iJayC
Go to an muffler shop and have your muffler changed out to a freer flowing one. Cheap and some extra horsepower.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts