Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of mods are fairly easy and are under $100? I already have CAI. What else can I do to increase performance and fuel economy?

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
You can try a header from Pace Setter. Use the one for the Celica 3SFE. It will fit great. Here is Checho installation.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/587000-587999/587412_85_full.jpg

Try Next Level Performance module, I have that one. Oh yea, it works. It gives good mid to upper mid power. http://www.nextlevelracing.com

MSD will also work to burn gas in the combustion chamber. Torque is increase also.

These three mods will work great. More power, and depending of your driving methods, fuel mileage will increase.

Taking it a little further, you can install a TRD Thermostat with a TRD Radiator Cap. Also, a Gearbox and Engine Oil Cooler will give it a lot of life, and it will seem as if your RAV4 has ball bearings. Especially in traffic.

Spark Plug wires will also help, Nology works best, but they are pricey. http://www.nology.com

Open your exhaust to about 2.4 or 2.5 with a Magnaflow muffler. The one Magnaflow has the exact measurements as the TRD Muffler. http://www.magnaflow.com [part number 12646] http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/mufflers/univ_al_round.asp

Shocks, Bilstein, Tokico, Koni. Springs, Eibach and H&R. Anti-Sway Bars, TRD [but rare, watch Ebay I did, got mine there, right Kelly :D ] or Addco. With suspension, your RAV4 will handle like a Porshe. 8)

BTW, almost all these modes I've done, or are in the process of doing. Or some one in the forum has done them. They all work with impressive results. Besides, how many RAV4 have you seen kicking some SUV asphalt? I'm telling you dude, it’s the most satisfying feeling you will ever have. But remember, you must take care of your RAV4. It will make you proud, but you got to help it.

And you’re all set.
:wink:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OH yea! I forgot it was the Celica engine. I was wondering where people got headers for a Rav4 from. Awsome, Ill check them out.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you guys think this?

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/showCustom-0/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2006330/c-10114/p-2006330/N-200731356+111+1999+600010481/tf-VehicleBrowse/Ns-p_MIN_PRICE|0/s-10101

·
Registered
10,239 Posts

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Let me give you the scoop, now that you asked. I email Next Level Performance and since I already have the Stage 1 module. They told me that they will take-in the Stage one module as a trade in and the Tri-Phase, would only cost me $115.00 :wink: Not bad. Let me tell you guys, this little module works well. But with a header and a 2.5 diameter exaust pipes, it will work even better. :wink: Add to that, Pivot Ground Kit [BTW, all from Summit Racing]

Even with a turbo kit. Since my turbo installati0on is on hold, I'll install the Tri-Phase Module. Then if I blow the engine, I'll have an excuse to turbo it. :lol:
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Here are all the emails. Start from the bottom up.

I apologize,

it's on hour home page, but I forgot to send it to your email. Our mailing address is:

NLP
PO Box 657
Bloomsburg, PA 17815

----- Original Message -----
Sent: 5/3/2005 3:49:25 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Re: Re: I already have...

Guys, it would be cool if I had you mailing address :))
To: Mensajero
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2005 9:52 AM
Subject: Re: Re: Re: I already have...

If you want to send your G-Box back, along with a money order for the Tri-Phase, we can get you the Tri-Phase, including shipping, for $115.00. Would this be a suitable exchange?

Sent: 5/3/2005 5:30:34 AM
Subject: Re: Re: I already have...

I don't remember when i bought it. But it must be in excellent shape since I covered it with Thermo-Tec. This kept it free of heat from the engine. Here is a picture. As you can see it is at the end of the wires and well covered.

Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 9:13 PM
Subject: Re: Re: I already have...

When did you purchase it and how good of shape is it in? Is it a metal faceplated G-Box?

Regards,

Brad M.W.
NLP

Sent: 5/2/2005 7:19:26 PM
Subject: Re: I already have...

Ok, we can do that. How much will you take the first module for?
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2005 7:04 PM
Subject: Re: I already have...

We can take a credit card via email or telephone, and if you want to return your G-Box we can credit your purchase if it was recent towards a new Tri-Phase if you would like. We can also take a money order if you would prefer that.

Regards,

Brad M.W.
NLP

Sent: 5/2/2005 6:09:05 PM
Subject: I already have...

I already have the basic module. i should of taken you advice and bought the Tri-Phase. anyway, i don't use PayPal. Do you guess take a money order? How much are the shipping charges to Puerto Rico for the Tri-Phase?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Good deal.

With the basic module, what difference did you notice in your gas (MPG)?

I may give the module and headers a shot.

Would you use thermal wrap on the headers?

Sig

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Sig228, regarding power, yes, more torque, and not sluggish at all. Especially in third gear going up hill you can feel more power. When you step on the gas, it will pickup faster. Also your RAV4 if ever it goes lower then 1,000RPM, it recuperates faster. Gas mileage, well, that depends on the way you drive. When I’m with the family, I take it easy and the mileage is unchanged. But when I’m alone, I tend to rock and roll a little more. Yes, the mileage [in this case] suffers, but not a whole bunch. I think using the header and the module, will give good power. Especially on high gear [highway]. With that goes a cool sound, and if you have a performance muffler. Better yet. Thermal Wrap, that always works. I love those little mods that you can do and they make a big difference. Try the Pivot Ground Kit. http://www.pivotusa.com

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
I guess from 127HP, which is the amount of power it came when I bought it. To about, 135 more or less with these mods. Intake, Module, Nology wires, TRD Muffler, TRD Thermostat, TRD Radiator Cap, Engine Oil Cooler, and Transaxle Oil Cooler.

Next mods will be 2.5 exhaust pipes, Magnaflow Muffler [2.5], Pace Setter Header. Pivot Ground kit. Next Level Performance Tri-Phase module.

With these mods, I have to go to the track and record a time slip. Then I'll tell you how much HP it really has. I guess around 140 to 145 HP maybe more.

Now, if I install the turbo kit that I got. It is a whole different story.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hey, you're getting the Tri-phase as well? I already got mine, but haven't installed it yet along with my Weapon R Secret Weapon intake and TRD sports thermostat. Been meaning to get them installed and dynoed so we can finally put numbers we may be gaining or losing with these mods of ours. Haven't had a free weekend yet to try plus I'm having some trouble looking for a shop with an awd dyno locally. Let me know how that tri-phase module feels.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Well today I was notified from Summit Racing the header is on its way [PSM-70-1155 ]. On Friday, [payday:wink: ] I'll send for the Tri-Phase module from Next Level Performance. I fist have to uninstall the stage 1 module and send them with $115.00. They will send me a Tri-Phase module. The exhaust muffler and pipes is already here. So, I guess once I finish class, May 30th, I'll be all over this one. I'm going to wait until everything is here to go for it. Good exhaust and a 20+ module should be quite a good performance upgrade. The Pivot ground kit is in backorder, which will be shipped to me around the 6 of June. :?

I guess the next upgrade/reupgrade is to change those rear Bilstein shocks. They are just having too much damper movement. I've notice that this is a weak spot in the RAV4.1.

OK, OK, OK, regarding the turbo kit. I have another idea. Is anyone interested in buying this kit? Go to Sale on this forum and check it out.

·
Registered
654 Posts
mensajero said:
Phalc1, the header you posted [as I have understood] goes under the catagory of "Not Exacty" But hay, if you think that it can work for you, go for it. The Summit Racing header IS the one that will fit. Besdies, you can't bet free shipping. With just a small mod of relocating the second O2 sensor, after the Cat Converter. Any muffler shop can do. :wink:

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=PSM-70-1155+&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&searchinresults=false&N=0&target=egnsearch.asp&x=42&y=16
will that fit? it says its for a celica?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts