Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to inform some that may have interest in the side step/rails that are abundantly listed in eBay. They range from $288-$300. Obviously Chinese knockoffs. I gave it a go.

My initial impression is, scale 1-5:
Appearance= 3
Quality of construction= 2
As advertised= 1
Would I recommend= 1.5
Install= N/A haven't installed yet. Back and forth emails with seller about the wrong color depiction in his listing. No install instructions by the way.

In his ebay listing, it notes that the product is exactly as shown in pictures.... well, his pictures showed or appeared to have aluminum side steps with blacked out RAV4 logo. What was delivered is an eggshell or off-white color with gold Rav4 emblem. Luckily, the emblem is merely cheap stickers that I would remove. See pics. Will add photos after install.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not yet unfortunately. I'm very finicky about color coordination and the eggshell color really bugs me. Came to a resolution with eBay seller at a discounted price. I will have to strip off the plastics and rubbers. Then decide if I will strip the paint or sand off or send it off to powdercoat. I will update and upload pics when I get to this project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts