Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
eBayer pays £470 for photo of Xbox 360!!! (must see)

Here's one hot off the press: an unwary eBayer appears to have just paid £470 for what he or she obviously thought was an "XBOX 360 PREMIUM PACKAGE":

Just read till the end.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I hate people that like to take advantage of *stupid* people like the ones that bid on that thing, but it's really their fault for not reading the whole thing and getting way too excited thinking they found a brand new Xbox 360 with a starting bid of 1pound without the "reserve not met" thing. That's for newbies. I learned the hard way too. I bought tickets to a Kings game thinking they were 2, but it turned out to be just 1 and i paid $115 for only one, thinking it was a great deal for 2. That's what happens when you don't read the whole thing. Silly me :roll:.

Oh, but on the same subject, look what's being auctioned...
http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-xbox-360-is-4-u-yahoo-com-EMAIL-YAHOO-COM_W0QQitemZ5647973675QQcategoryZ102333QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
And to that I say aaaaaalrighty.... :roll:

·
Registered
542 Posts
hahaha, good one! just goes to show how twisted the human mentality can be.. & how most people would probably never read so far down the blerb or may read but not register the fact that their only buying a picture!!

what ever happened to honesty?

·
Registered
432 Posts
That's just wrong :evil:

And as far as honesty goes. We are in america. There isn't much of that left. Whoever said this was the greatest country on earth obviously hasn't lived here long enough :lol:

and yes, I know there are countries far worse than this, but there are others who hold their morals to a higher standard than just the words in a book. :wink:

LOL boy am I in rare form lately, don't mind me :p

·
Registered
771 Posts
Had a chance to buy a 360 new twice now and didn't. I could have sold it on ebay last week for $1500. What was I thinking?

Oh well I wouldn't pay $500 and I wouldn't feel right charging someone three times the price for one either. What a waste of money! Next year these things will be under $300 and not selling well. Best advise.....hold on to your money or just set it on fire right now if you can't wait to get rid of it.

2 cents. Later. M. :roll:

·
Registered
542 Posts
if you'll notice, the seller is in london, u.k. & he has a rating of 92% or something!!!! so much for ebay...

makes me kinda embarrassed to be british!!

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
I notice that the SELLOR is no longer --->
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=caitlincutie1&iid=

and

the BUYER went elsewhere and got the REAL product from another sellor --->
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=112848&item=8241350155

Hopefully it was eBay that closed caitlincutie1's account. I had a BAD experience on eBay a few years back. Got scammed on a digital camera purchase. In the end... eBay refunded quite a bit of my losses... plus my HOMEOWNERS covered the rest under THEFT. Also... after following up with quite a few emails and letters... the guy that scammed me (and approx. 25 other buyers with the same scam) ended up serving 5 years in prison :shock: :twisted: Also gotta thank eBay for pursuing the con-artist :D

One important thing I learned from my digital camera loss... is NEVER purchase from a sellor that has changed their USER ID -
http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReturnUserIdHistory&requested=caitlincutie1

I don't know if eBay still alows it... but part of the scam I fell for was so tricky because the guy was able to assume the identity/history of a previously closed eBay members accounts... so his history looked good... even though it really wasn't his :shock:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
funny that caitlincutie was banned (or maybe not banned) the same day auction ended. :eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts