Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to install an aftermarket cruise control on my Rav. So far so good but now have to spice into a terminal near the ecm and can't find it. Book and online say either under passenger seat or under/behind glove box. I do have a 2 door so understand not putting under seat. But I just can't find it anywhere...

·
Registered
609 Posts
Nice that you have a 2-door, but the year would be more useful.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Roundabout. Yeah, forgot to add that. It's a 1998. I finally found the ECM. The cruise control called it that and told me it was under the passenger side seat. My shop manual also referred to Ecm and under passenger seat. Put through some online digging I found they were referring to the PCM(often these terms are mixed) under the center dash behind shifter.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I like the toyota cruise control system and use it all the time.
Hope you enjoy your system, as much.

Just curious; why the aftermarket system?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I checked and my 1996 wouldn't work on the '98. I was just gonna deal without it but now I travel every month to visit family the next state over. Guess I could have pulled a system from a 98 but just went with the aftermarket one. Don't have a really good reason other than just not wanting to locate and pick in the winter...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts