Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2013 is approaching my end of lease (and extended warranty of 50K) and plan to purchase, but have a concern about the fact that when in eco mode, the engine often chatters as if not getting enough gas. It feels like it needs to downshift. A push of the gas peddle gets it to downshift and the noise stops. However, now, even when not in eco mode, I get the same chatter or rattling sound but only between 1 and 2K rpms. Anyone know if this indicates a problem or one waiting in the wings? Not sure if I should buy or turn in at end of lease. Otherwise, a great car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You are experiencing torque convertor failure. The cost to repair is $1800 as long as it has not damaged the transmission.
Look up 2012-2014 Camry LSC for software/ torque convertor failure. Toy. Issued a service bulletin for 2013-2014 rav for the same issue but does think it is a real issue....my credit card bill for repair does however.
Toyota has a proud legacy of torque convertor failures starting in 2001 with the rav 4.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for your reply. I did a little further research and came up with a failing torque converter as well. I am not a car guy, but now, thanks to your help, I know this car will be returned at the end of the lease.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts