Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you know if the 2015 XLE has the built in alarm, that just need activated with techstream?

for reference:
My 2011 Crewmax already has it and the dealership just had to activate it.
Since it was already there, I added the glass break sensor and the hood
latch sensor. Wanted to do same on the wifey's RAV4.

Already spoke to one local dealership and they had no clue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've looked through everything I saw in techstream and don't recall seeing anything about an alarm that could be switched. 2017 XLE.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I called my dealership where the RAV was purchased and
spoke to a service rep, who in turn spoke to one of his techs.
They are almost certain that the alarm can be activated via TIS.

I explained to him how it was done on my 2011 Tundra
And they believe our RAV is the same. My cable and software will be
here in a day or so, hopefully they are correct.

If they are, I'm going to purchase the the GBS and install it also.
It was simple on the Tundra, hopefully same on the RAV.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
They are almost certain that the alarm can be activated via TIS.

I explained to him how it was done on my 2011 Tundra
And they believe our RAV is the same.
If it is a Canadian build, it absolutely does not activate the same way. That's what my wife has ('15 XLE), and you need the above box.
Japan assembled = VIN starting with J
Canada assembled = VIN starting with 2

My 2003 Tundra and 2004 Rav were both different too. The Tundra just needed the GBS and a jumper, then programming using the key and lock button. The Rav required an add-on box in addition to the GBS.

If you have the Canadian build, there will be no place to connect your GBS without the above box (which includes the GBS)

The unit mounts on the far right, behind the glove box. There is an unused connector taped up against the underdash frame.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it is a Canadian build, it absolutely does not activate the same way. That's what my wife has ('15 XLE), and you need the above box.
Japan assembled = VIN starting with J
Canada assembled = VIN starting with 2

My 2003 Tundra and 2004 Rav were both different too. The Tundra just needed the GBS and a jumper, then programming using the key and lock button. The Rav required an add-on box in addition to the GBS.

If you have the Canadian build, there will be no place to connect your GBS without the above box (which includes the GBS)

The unit mounts on the far right, behind the glove box. There is an unused connector taped up against the under dash frame.
Ours is Canada assembled - Either way, the cost isnt much, so looks like next summer I will be adding that GBS to hers.

On my Tundra, we activated the alarm at a dealership for free, then I ordered the GBS and the hood latch, to go along with it.
Just want some extra protection for the wifey's ride.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Ours is Canada assembled - Either way, the cost isnt much, so looks like next summer I will be adding that GBS to hers.
The GBS is included with the TVIP system I linked to in the previous post. You don't need to buy it separately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts