Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OrangeVirusTuning

From their website --->
OrangeVirus's Toyota / Scion / Lexus Denso Phase 1 ECU Reprogram is now available for PreOrder. PHASE 1.5 Begins July 4th.

What is phase 1.5?

- further calibration resourcing for certain model vehicles. We are opening toyota tuning for phase 1.5 to begin recalibrations and ECU mapping for:

all vehicles with the 2ARFE engine and 2AZFE engine

Toyota Corolla XRS 2005+

Toyota camry (and other models) with 3.5L 2GRFE

What can you expect? What is altered?

- We recalibrate the ignition timing maps for more power and better throttle response

-Throttle mapping to eliminate drive by wire "dead spots"

- Fuel mapping to reduce the over-rich targets of the stock ECU

- Camshaft timing and lift (XRS) adjustment mapping

- and much more

expected gains are around 10-15% on a stock vehicle with 91 octane gas (more for v6 models).

All Toyota / Scion / Lexus 2005+ is supported. For phase 1.5 we are looking specifically for the smaller displacement ECUs (3.5L and smaller).

We will have recalibration on larger engines soon.

Working for several weeks, we have found critical tables in the ECU necessary for recalibration for more power, after having developed tools for reprogramming these Denso Toyota ECUs.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have already sent them an email request showing my interest. No need to ask if I am taking this route (I think most already know). I am just posting this up for everyone/anyone's interest. I don't even recommend it, condone it, etc. Just posting for informational purposes.

As usual, if I have positive results from any changes (if any can be made), I'll post up a 1/4 mile time. I won't be reporting on gas mileage as I don't monitor that. It has always been the same anyways.

Also, I checked my ECU earlier. It is a Denso model. So that's good news.

·
Registered
235 Posts
There are a couple other guys doing this I know of from some 2zz forums I frequent. They are tuning the ECU for Toyota and Lexus for 2005+, as well. What's this guy charging above?

Also, here's the Facebook page of one of the guys from Puerto Rico I'm more familiar with:
(If you don't understand Spanish, as most of the posts are in Spanish on the Fb page, don't forget there's a handy, little translate button.)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/112651038753895/
You may have to scroll thru to the relevant info. Guy tunes some crazy stuff.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are a couple other guys doing this I know of from some 2zz forums I frequent. They are tuning the ECU for Toyota and Lexus for 2005+, as well. What's this guy charging above?

Also, here's the Facebook page of one of the guys from Puerto Rico I'm more familiar with:
(If you don't understand Spanish, as most of the posts are in Spanish on the Fb page, don't forget there's a handy, little translate button.)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/112651038753895/
You may have to scroll thru to the relevant info. Guy tunes some crazy stuff.
Thanks for the info ImUrOBGYN. May have to check into it. OrangeVirusTuning is charging $375, per the link I posted above.

As for OrangeVirusTuning, they responded to my inquiry yesterday.
"
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Orangevirus Tuning.
Yes, we can tune your vehicle. Once we get your ECU, it will take us 2-3 for the tune process then we ship it back.
Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you. "

·
Registered
21 Posts
Kevin, is that what you were thinking of doing? Sending off the ECU? I was hoping there was more to it than that but then again I have never had a car tuned before.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thanks for the info ImUrOBGYN. May have to check into it. OrangeVirusTuning is charging $375, per the link I posted above.

As for OrangeVirusTuning, they responded to my inquiry yesterday.
"
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Orangevirus Tuning.
Yes, we can tune your vehicle. Once we get your ECU, it will take us 2-3 for the tune process then we ship it back.
Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you. "
Will the be tuning for your installed mods? If you're luck runs out there, R9K is very reputable, proven and trusted. Does all Toyo/Lexus vehicles 20085+, afaik. I think he's doing it a bit cheaper, too. Excited to see your end results!

Kevin, is that what you were thinking of doing? Sending off the ECU? I was hoping there was more to it than that but then again I have never had a car tuned before.
There are multiple forms of car tuning. There are ECU tunes, piggy back tunes, and full standalone tunes, for starters. What's your interest?

Reactions: PIPnorcali

·
Registered
21 Posts
Maybe I'm just not in a position to not use my car for a few days. I was just seeing if you were going to do it. I live in L.A. So I might try to set up a trip down to San Diego and let them have the car for a few days while I get a rental and vacation a bit.

Do they have all those options for the V6 Rav? This is the first time I've seen tuning for us.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That's pretty cool. I wonder how ECU tuning will affect emissions testing. It shouldn't but you never know.

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
Harley-Davidson just got fined $15 million for selling their ECM reprogrammer, the Screamin Eagle Pro Super Tuner which is now illegal in the US even for off-road and closed course competition, the "out" they used for the last 20 years.
Harley-Davidson fined $15 million for air-polluting racing tuners - LA Times
One has to wonder how long it'll take for this save-the-planet virus to spread thru the automotive industry. IMO, if Hellary gets in it could be hell for the whole aftermarket industry - reprogrammers, add-ons, intake & exhaust systems, mufflers, etc. Not even any need for any new laws or executive actions, just expand the DOJ & EPA and go get the bad guys.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Harley-Davidson just got fined $15 million for selling their ECM reprogrammer, the Screamin Eagle Pro Super Tuner which is now illegal in the US even for off-road and closed course competition, the "out" they used for the last 20 years.
Harley-Davidson fined $15 million for air-polluting racing tuners - LA Times
One has to wonder how long it'll take for this save-the-planet virus to spread thru the automotive industry. IMO, if Hellary gets in it could be hell for the whole aftermarket industry - reprogrammers, add-ons, intake & exhaust systems, mufflers, etc. Not even any need for any new laws or executive actions, just expand the DOJ & EPA and go get the bad guys.
Dr. Dyno, you are in good shape with trump. He has somebody in place to pretty much wipe out the EPA. Not sure what will happen with Jeff Sessions (DOJ). At any rate, if he stays in office, it should be a GLORIOUS time for tuners and such. Just saying! :D

This by no means mean I support Trump! I just was going over to old threads and looking for updates on things in here and read this. I was hoping at least one person to the plunge into this.

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
Dr. Dyno, you are in good shape with Trump.
Yeah couldn't be happier with the election! I'll be tuning with that illegal tuner next week. Meantime Harley has come out with a new one. Saw it last week in Daytona. I didn't tune with it but the software looked virtually the same as the EPA outlawed one.
I've changed the explanation of what I do from "chasing the EPA away" to "reducing regulations" :wink

·
Registered
22 Posts
This looks too god to be true. I would be totally down if there is a way to flash back to stock when I wanted.

·
Registered
158 Posts
the HP gains are not that major to have someone screaming "polluter"

Chances are the re-maps would pass emissions testing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
the HP gains are not that major to have someone screaming "polluter"

Chances are the re-maps would pass emissions testing.
I live in California where typically if there is any evidence that something has been changed from stock in the computer it will fail immediately. They fail cars here on visual even if emissions are perfect. I could be wrong on this but I believe a change to the computer would require a smog referee to test it and OK it. Smog regs are really really strict here, very irrational.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ah yes Californistan...
My wife and I are plotting our exodus from this state to someplace a bit less burdensome, perhaps Montana, Idaho, or east like TN or KY.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
R9K also does 2GRFE tuning... +11hp +15ft/lb torque

I follow them because of my 2ZZGE XRS Corolla, as they do 2ZZGE ECU's.

https://www.facebook.com/r9ktuned/photos/a.1093951477327552.1073741828.1090960907626609/1181804541875578/?type=3
I have been going back and forth with R9K since my last post. They are charging $295 for 2-3 days priority mail shipping. Sounds very interesting. I have been out of the modifying game and had no plans but since I inquired about it, am am.........interested.

What make them more interesting also is the fast replies. Not so much with OrangeVirusTuning. I need to hit you up in PM for a few questions.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts