Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the delay...technical difficulties. I see Zoomie took care of it with Google video too, but for anyone who had trouble getting it there I do have a new link which will be good for 5 days or 20 downloads, whichever comes first. I can certainly upload it again if there is a need after that, just let me know.

[Dead Link Removed]

Becky

EDIT:

NEW NEW LINK AS OF Late Afternoon Dec. 8, 2005:

http://www.transferbigfiles.com/Download.aspx?id=b5088fa2-0266-4dc9-9a97-1cb02f6afc1c

Enjoy!

Becky

R

·
0 Posts
I watched the show on Motorweek. Watching the car in action left me with the following positive and negative impressions (but unfortunately mostly negative).

1. The back of the car looks very much like the 4.2 and I like the styling. But what's up with the boomerang indentation on the tire cover? Anybody like that?

2. The front of the car is also reminiscent of the 4.2, but the bumper integrates even less well to the overall look. It is kind of bulbous and cheap looking around the foglights. I was hoping for a more solid "new Toyota" look ala the Tacoma or 4Runner. Did anyone else notice the central "V" on the hood sheet metal that narrows toward the front? It is too subtle and therefore unattractive.

3. Watching the car on the road was not impressive. The car looks like a jumble of styles and looks awkward. The overall length increase is partly responsible for the awkwardness, but there is also no cohesiveness to the look. Even the Highlander has a theme that ties it together. The RAV is like Baby Huey - bigger but AWKWARD.

4. The "non-car like" description may be the kiss of death. What I most liked about the 4.2 was the car-like nature- smooth, responsive, tossable.

Time will tell how people like the new design. I doubt this design will grow on me.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Re: New Link to RAV4 Motorweek

Thank you very much Becky.

While I am admittedly interested by the V6, which is what the 4.2 is lacking, I am trying to resolve myself to staying out of 4.3 conversations because frankly, I "have nothing nice to say" so shouldn't keep voicing my negative (and useless) opinions..

I now know how 4.1 owners felt when the 4.2 premiered.

Wayne

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
Reload Plz! =)

*sigh!* Get home and the 20 limit has been hit. :shock: If you could please, upload it again Becky? Maybe this sucker should go up on BitTorrent... :p

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem, Karrock! I'll upload it again overnight tonight and will post the link here sometime Thursday. I won't start a new thread for it this time, I'll keep it in this thread.

RAVenous, I agree with you on 1 and 3 for sure. The tire cover REALLY annoys me because it reminds me of the CRV tire cover. They have or had (I don't keep up with CRV styling) a very similar design. I do think that the new Rav looks a bit awkward on the road too. I wonder if the shorter Euro version may look less so. On 2, I can't remember so I'll have to watch again. On 4, the non-carlike ride wouldn't be an issue for me at all, but it may well put off a segment of potential buyers.

Becky

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Becky thanks so much. For some reason I am never around a TV when Motorweek is on. :D

And Wayne my sentiments exactly :)

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
Kelly Smith said:
In case you missed this in the other thread, I was able to download a copy courtesy of Becky, then uploaded it to GOOGLE :D

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-186375302754163915&q=RAV4

Or... go to http://video.google.com and search for "RAV4" 8)
Yes, but I wanted a personal copy of it, not a streaming version. :?

Oh, and Becky -- I likely won't be home for another 9 hours if you could post the link early evening... Hopefully there won't be another 20 downloads used up by then?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts