Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY my Rav is enroute.. Received a call from my dealer the other day after pestering them a bit.. My vehicle cleared port and went freight on May 4th.. YAY!.. Dealer says it is usually a 2 week window after it hits freight but we are hoping for late next week..

It has been a looonnnggggg wait!!.. On like 9 weeks now.. :(

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would be nice if I can get the Avery film on it by then and do a nice wax job and baby it a bit mem day weekend!!!!.. heh..

I aint taking it on the road for a trip till i get that stuff on it.. :p.. hehe..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Congratulations!

Congratulations Inocense! That hopefully means that I should only have 2 or 3 weeks to wait for mine. What color? I don't remember....

·
Registered
132 Posts
BTW.....

Maybe I should have you start pestering my dealer.... It seemed to work for you.................

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hahaha.. Naaa.. Didn't work too much for me I don't think.. Ugh.. was very agrivating.. heh..

I got Pacific Blue.. :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WOW!.. Picked up my Rav last night.. The entire day/night was a NIGHTMARE...

To make a long story short.. I get there after going to the bank and signing loan papers and they bring me to my vehicle.. It is the WRONG color!.. I could not believe it.. Sure enough.. My sales guy managed to write the WRONG color code down.. Spoke with a manager who was a COMPLETE JERK.. He said there was nothing they could do and that if they ordered my Pacific Blue it could take up to 12 more weeks to get it in.. I requested a loaner until then and he said no.. He also argued with me about "Needing" a limited.. He just couldn't understand why I wouldn't just settle for a base or a sport.. It was a VERY VERY bad experience..

I stuck to my guns, told them I was NOT leaving there without a vehicle and that I was NOT accepting delivery of the wrong colored one..!!!...

They ended up stealing one from the regional warehouse from another dealer I am sure.. So if there is someone on this board that was expecting a Pacific Blue 4 cyl Limited.. I appologize in advance if they took yours.. :(

Anyway.. I was at the dealer yesterday from 2pm to 8:15pm and FINALLY left with my RAV!!!!!.. (or someone elses)..

I have to say.. The only enjoyable part about being anywhere near Elmhurst Toyota was the finance guy, Rob Soto.. good guy that advised me that someone is going to be in BIIIIGGGG trouble for not only the mistake my sales guy made, but also for stealing a vehicle from regional.. *L*

~takes a deep breath~...

Today I washed the Rav and threw two coats of Zaino on it.. :)

Will upload some pics to my album if I can figure out how.. Haven't tried yet.. :p

Monday evening I will be goin to get the Avery paint protection film put on..

Will give updates.. :)

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Inocense said:
WOW!.. Picked up my RAV last night.. The entire day/night was a NIGHTMARE...

To make a long story short.. I get there after going to the bank and signing loan papers and they bring me to my vehicle.. It is the WRONG color!.. I could not believe it.. Sure enough.. My sales guy managed to write the WRONG color code down.. Spoke with a manager who was a COMPLETE JERK.. He said there was nothing they could do and that if they ordered my Pacific Blue it could take up to 12 more weeks to get it in.. I requested a loaner until then and he said no.. He also argued with me about "Needing" a limited.. He just couldn't understand why I wouldn't just settle for a base or a sport.. It was a VERY VERY bad experience..

I stuck to my guns, told them I was NOT leaving there without a vehicle and that I was NOT accepting delivery of the wrong colored one..!!!...

They ended up stealing one from the regional warehouse from another dealer I am sure.. So if there is someone on this board that was expecting a Pacific Blue 4 cyl Limited.. I appologize in advance if they took yours.. :(

Anyway.. I was at the dealer yesterday from 2pm to 8:15pm and FINALLY left with my RAV!!!!!.. (or someone elses)..

I have to say.. The only enjoyable part about being anywhere near Elmhurst Toyota was the finance guy, Rob Soto.. good guy that advised me that someone is going to be in BIIIIGGGG trouble for not only the mistake my sales guy made, but also for stealing a vehicle from regional.. *L*

~takes a deep breath~...

Today I washed the RAV and threw two coats of Zaino on it.. :)

Will upload some pics to my album if I can figure out how.. Haven't tried yet.. :p

Monday evening I will be goin to get the Avery paint protection film put on..

Will give updates.. :)
Unfortunitly things like this happen once in a while. But since you are the client who is paying you did what you had to do, congtratulation. That B.Sh_t about leaving some else without their prefered color is nonsense. They were just looking for a quick fix. Take it or leave it, you stood up, and won. :thumbs_up: Enjoy your RAV4 dude.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Bummer!! :shock: I know you've been waiting so long, and now to have to go through this experience, on a day which you have been looking forward to for months! Did you get everything else you ordered?? Way to go for sticking to your guns, and not letting them talk you int something else - it would be interesting to see if any heads roll at your dealership. :twisted:

OC

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh.. I am SURE they will OC.. heh.. Manager was TICKED at the sales guy.. But like I said, the manager was a HUGE jerk.. Didn't want to do ANYTHING for me.. Told him I wanted to talk to the GM and also to Corporate..

Was bad..

As far as everything I ordered.. heh.. I got everything and more actually.. I guess that is why I am not so mad anymore.. :p

This one came with the JBL upgrade and daytime running lights.. YAY!..

Also I had them throw my mudflaps (that I got on ebay) on for free.. ;)

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
You will love the JBL, I got one free also when my dealer did an intercept back in March. Works great with MP3's if you like to burn your own - you can view your song title in text while the subwoofer shakes and rattles your rear door!! 8)

OC

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Posted a couple in my album!.. :)

Zaino worked great OC.. :)

Had more luck with the Z2.. Put a coat of Z5 over the Z2 because for some reason my complete kit didn't come with the Z1.. Hmmmm.. So figured I would double SOMETHIN up!.. *LOL*

Z5 had tons of dust.. And was a bit more work to get off then the Z2.. The Z2 Pro is still my fave!.. :) Works like a dream...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah.. I am gonna try another one.. Only reason I will go back to Elmhurst is to get my first free oil change.. Then I am so done with them.. Unfortunetly they are the closest.. :(

And yeah.. If I didn't leave there with SOME sort of vehicle as a loaner or MY vehicle I would have spoke with the GM, corporate the owner AND his mother!!.. :x

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Ditto - Looks really nice Inocense. You really shouldn't have had to use the Z-5 on a new finish - unless the dealer prep guy swirled the s#%@ out of it. Keep using the Z-2 and Z-6 spray for touch up. That Pacific Blue was my second choice for color, had to go with the red though because my '05 Outback is Atlantic Blue - very close to your color. Can't have two blue oceans sitting in my garage!! :lol:

OC

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OC.. ah gotcha.. I dunno.. like I said.. I was dissapointed I did not have the Z1 and I wanted to mix something.. Was in a mixing mood I guess.. Hahaha..

I will put atleast one to two more coats on during the week after I get the film put on.. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts