Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im beginning to wonder why no photos have surfaced on the 2006 RAV4 model. I’ve already seen spy shots on the next generation Toyota Highlander and Camry. I even recall seeing shots of the redesigned 2005 Tacoma before it was released. Could Toyota be that tight lipped about the RAV or do you think the 2006 will be a repeat of the 2005? (just a thought?)

What Edmunds.com Says: Toyota formally petite RAV4 will finally grow up to a more competitive size for 2007.

What We Know: Toyota has managed to enforce a fairly tight embargo on all information regarding its redesigned Rav4, although from what has managed to leak out, we can expect some major changes. First of all, Toyota will be adding a third, albeit tiny, row of seats to the 2007 Rav4, thus nearly doubling the passenger capacity. A 3.0-liter V6 could also appear, at least as an option, on the 2007 Rav4, and Toyota has apparently not ruled out the possibility of building a hybrid version of the vehicle. Pictures and artist mockups also indicate that the redesigned Rav4 will finally gain a prominent rear bumper.The 2007 Toyota Rav4 will appear, of all places, at the 2005 Frankfurt Auto Show.

S

·
0 Posts
Edmunds has got the model year wrong and other bits of information wrong, I am 99.9% certain we will not see a 3.0L V6 in the RAV4 as Toyota/Lexus do not have 3.0L V6 engine in any of the range of Toyota/Lexus vehicles now as this has been replaced with either a 3.2L or 3.5L V6 engines and my best guess is that we will possibly see a 2.5L V6 (200hp) from the new Lexus IS250 in the new 3rd Gen RAV4.

Toyota have previously announced that most models in the Toyota/Lexus range will be avaiable as a Hybrid model.

And what do Edmunds mean of all places at the 2005 Frankfurt Auto Show. The Frankfurt Auto show is one of the biggest motor shows in Europe and the RAV4 is an important model in Europe and that is reason for the launch there. Do Edmunds know there is world outside NA :roll:

The current RAV4 was launced at the 2000 Geneva Motorshow again another big European motor shows.

And as said in another post here Toyota/Lexus are trying very hard now not to allow leaks and spyshots of new models but of course some do get out. The new Lexus IS was a good example of Toyota/Lexus not allowing leaks and spyshots of this model until the day before it was shown for the first time at the Geneva Motorshow this year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts