Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LE front = 10.8, rear = 11.2
XLE front = 11.7, rear = 11.2

What is this "10.8" or "11.7" refers to? brake disc (rotor) or brake pads? and since the LE trim in South America has the "11.7" in front, does that mean one can upgrade the LE trim in US/Canada from "10.8" to "11.7" for the front? and if yes, how costly will it be (approximate)?

Thanks.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,718 Posts
The 10.8 and 11.7 refers to the diameter of the rotor (disc) in inches. In this case, larger is better. To upgrade to the larger disc, you would need to change the entire caliper as well. I don't know how much it would cost.

On the 4.3 generation, the larger front brakes were used on the V6 and the I4 model with 3rd row seating. On those RAV's, the master cylinder was different as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 10.8 and 11.7 refers to the diameter of the rotor (disc) in inches. In this case, larger is better. To upgrade to the larger disc, you would need to change the entire caliper as well. I don't know how much it would cost.

On the 4.3 generation, the larger front brakes were used on the V6 and the I4 model with 3rd row seating. On those RAV's, the master cylinder was different as well.

Thanks for the explanation, much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts