Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My 2008 D4D lost all power due to a stuck EGR valve.

Took it to dealership & they have come back with this:

Fault code P0400 present - EGR flow fault.

...followed diagnostic procedure on technical bulletin EG-0041t-0412...carried out various tests and results say replace EGR valve, all four injectors, clean out manifold and update ECU software.

Cost of repair £2250.

Anything else I should try before forking out that sort of money for the repair?

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I don't know what a D2D is.
talks about a D4D, and maybe there is some similarity. There are also lists of other videos off to the side. Maybe one will help.

£2250 is incredible. If you know what and where that thing is, can you maybe pry it open with a screwdriver or spray some carb cleaner on it?

I hope you get a more knowledgeable response.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what a D2D is.
My mistake. I meant D4D.

It's the fact that they are telling me I need to replace the fuel injectors that gets me. They've arrived at this conclusion from following some kind of diagnostic flow chart & I don't buy it at this stage.

·
Super Moderator
11,461 Posts
Since there are no RAV4 diesels here in North America you'll have to hope someone on your side of the pond can provide an answer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2.2 liters? It is always the EGR-Valve, you have to clean it 2-3 times a year. Then you should get no problems. You can use an Additive to clean the injectors. I would try this first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts