Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The parts list indicates there is an electric heater next to the cabin heater core. When is this heater activated? It is not apparent if there is an electric heater or when it operates. My RAV4 was made in Canada. Any info about an electric heater?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I believe it is part of the cold weather package. the heater serves as a pre heater to help warm the interior quicker.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
The parts list indicates there is an electric heater next to the cabin heater core. When is this heater activated? It is not apparent if there is an electric heater or when it operates. My RAV4 was made in Canada. Any info about an electric heater?
The electric heater has been standard on the 2.5L 4-cyl. RAV4 since 2012. It was never available on the previous 2.4L engine or the V6. See here:

New RAV4 Features: - 2012

·
Registered
776 Posts
This is one feature that we absolutely love about the Rav4. It's one of those that you never think of until you have it and it'd be hard to go back to NOT having it. My wife makes short trips, mostly, and the heat and seat heat is warm before we're 5 houses away. We looked at the Nissan Rogue too when we were shopping and the Rogue forums have people complaining that the footwell area NEVER heats up for them. That's a bummer since the Rav gets so warm so quickly. We will need to go test drive the new Pilot before the winter is over so we can see how quickly it heats up in the cold as it is a top contender for our Rav replacement in a year or so.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Nice, I thought my wife needed to do something but this is an automatic feature when heating the car interior, based on the previous thread. :)

Now I'm not sure if I will recover the cost of the block heater on my wife's Hybrid but the owner's manual does say that the gasoline engine only shuts off when it has reached operating temperature (as well as other conditions like low speed, feather tapping the gas pedal, etc.) so hopefully she encounters more instances when the gasoline engine does shut down during city driving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts