Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last 3 days my rav4 refused to lock the door(electricaly) there is no problem to unlock but it refused to lock... but today i realised that when I turn my rear defrost on, then I m now able to lock the door. It sound really weird , the only thing that I can see is a sort of relay problem. Anyone else a the same weird problem???? :?:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Electric door lock problems

This has happened a few times now and searching over the forum it appears there are a few folks that are having an issue with the power door locks.

We were out for a drive yesterday and at one stop the remote lock button would not do a thing? Hitting the UN-lock button worked fine (with both the remote and interior door buttons) . In the driver & passenger doors hitting the lock button and nothing happens? The key would only lock the driver or back door??? We ended up manually locking the doors from the inside and using the key on the back door.

(I've also had problems with the key unlocking the passenger side door - it just doesn't do a thing. It works fine on the back and drivers though, so it appears I need to tear apart the passenger door and see what may be unconnected or broken.)

Ok, when the this mysterious door lock problem occured the engine light came on (and stayed on). I pulled the door fuse (under the dash) and that didn't clear it so I went to the usual standby's out in the engine compartment. I pulled the 3 EF fuses and reinstalled them. The engine light went off and the electric door locks worked fine? :roll: :roll:

I'm getting tired of the engine light coming on all the time for various unknown reasons. :evil: Although, it did tell me the brake lights (both) were out the other day. The door lock problem has occured a few times in the past couple of weeks though.

Does anyone know if there is a relay in the doors? If there is I'll be happy to replace it and find out what the problem is with that passenger door while I'm at it. Or if you have any other ideas I'm game for trying them all out.

I'm beginning to think I got a possessed car or lemon. It's an O2 Limited with only 47K on the clock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts