Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who has it, and is it worth the extra spend? I'm 6'5 and can't find one to try out - wouldn't mind some extra adjustment for the backs of my knees!

I must say the 4.3 has better support than the 4.2 from the two i did drive.

how have you all found it - good or bad?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Philbie said:
who has it, and is it worth the extra spend? I'm 6'5 and can't find one to try out - wouldn't mind some extra adjustment for the backs of my knees!

I must say the 4.3 has better support than the 4.2 from the two i did drive.

how have you all found it - good or bad?
This a clip from an article I found which mentions your exact problem:

Most staffers found the seats supportive and comfortable over long drives, although our tallest staffer (at 6-foot-4), Richard Homan, just didn't fit no matter how much he fiddled with the eight-way power seat.

I would never tell anyone not to buy a RAV4. Mine is set to arrive this week and I've test drove four and they're great. I'm also 5'9 so I can't relate to your problem. On the other hand, I also can't recommend anyone buy a vehicle they're going to be uncomfortable in. I'm sure this is a problem you've encountered with many vehicles.

I'm just guessing but maybe you could enquire with a dealer about possibly moving the seat back slightly. I'm not even certain if this is a viable option mechanically (not to mention it reduces space in the second row) but it couldn't hurt to find out.

Good Luck.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, electric seat is more adjustable for sure, so try it out definetly...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It all depends on what you are comfortable with. The power seats won't fix your delema. That being said I work witha guy that is 6'6' and 300 lbs and he drives around a VW beetle. I know I am 6'0 and the RAV 4.3 is JUST barely acceptable for me, but I am more legs than torso :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the electric seat on my 2006 limited and really like the back angle adjustment control. I am 6 ft 1 in tall and find legroom just adequate but workable. I have also found the accelerator pedal angle a little uncomfortable but getting used to it as well. I really like the ample headroom even with the moon roof. My wife finds the RAV4 very comfortable in all these aspects and thankfully for it is her vehicle. I am too but it is taking a little getting used to for it is a tighter drivers seat fit for me.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The electric seat's lumbar support button alone makes it a good seat. At 6'2", I wish there were more leg room but at least the seat is very adjustable and comfortable. I too noticed the pedal position relative to the seat a little awkward. My right knee hits the steering wheel column very often, something which would be less likely if the gas pedal were positioned a little more to the right. Oh well. The seat is still very nice - wouldn't even consider a manual seat.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm almost 6'4". What I find with cars is that my right leg tends to touch the steering wheel sometimes, depending on the vehicle, especially when braking (since the pedal is to the left). Anyway, I've found that different shoes actually can make a difference. Ones that have a thicker sole make it more difficult than ones with a thinner one. I've found that I like to wear VANS, one reason being because of this.

Anyway, the RAV works pretty good for me--better than my last 2 or 3 vehicles. The telescoping wheel does help. Cars that JUST have a tilt column don't always work as well. Those with a tilt wheel work better, though the wheel doesn't always end up quite in the best position. I can actually get away with sliding the seat to the next-to-last position rather than the last one some. At the acr show, I found that I liked the manual adjustment better than the power seat, at least earlier on. Later on, I may have been able to get a better position with the power, but I do like the manual one myself.

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
As most of you know... I work for Toyota at their Portland, Oregon port facility. Part of my job is to occasionaly spend 2+hour periods moving vehicles from point A to B then to C :lol: . In so doing... I sometimes end up driving up to 30 RAVs in this time frame. What I've noticed :arrow:

I've DEFINETLY noticed that the MANUAL seats give MORE leg room. It's not a BIG difference... only SLIGHTLY noticable. Plus... with the new adjustment levers/knobs on the 2006 MANUAL seats... you have just as many (if not more) seat settings :shock:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RAVMAN said:
As most of you know... I work for Toyota at their Portland, Oregon port facility. Part of my job is to occasionaly spend 2+hour periods moving vehicles from point A to B then to C :lol: . In so doing... I sometimes end up driving up to 30 RAVs in this time frame. What I've noticed :arrow:

I've DEFINETLY noticed that the MANUAL seats give MORE leg room. It's not a BIG difference... only SLIGHTLY noticable. Plus... with the new adjustment levers/knobs on the 2006 MANUAL seats... you have just as many (if not more) seat settings :shock:
Interesting angle, I managed to try one out, and found that the manual seat was actually better for me than the electric seat. So in my case you were spot on.

I found I fit rather well in the rav4, with the seat right back, i couldn't touch the firewall at all......

Cheers,

Philbie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts