Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Odd problem that started late last week. My front driver door's power window does not work (button is lit, getting power), and my speaker in my door does not work. Now, the tweeter in the corner of the door works, and all locks + other windows work, but only these two do not work. I had the door panel off yesterday, trying to find a loose or broken wire and I don't see anything.

Can someone think of why only the speaker (behind the door panel) and driver power window would cease to stop working at the same time? I pulled literally EVERY fuse in the fuse block and the fuses under the steering column, nothing helped. I thought maybe one was loose or something. Possible broken wire I can't see?

·
Super Moderator
10,134 Posts
It's possible there are broken wires where they twist between the body and door every time you open it but that usually doesn't happen until much higher mileage. Had to repair them on my BIL's Tundra with 200,000+ miles. (He'd driven all an AK winter with the driver's window partially open.) On one of my Accords I could get the window to work by holding the switch on while opening the door to the proper spot to make the offending wires touch.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. It's finally going to my trusted mechanic today for troubleshooting. I couldn't find any bad wires, but maybe I'm just missing something or it's a different problem all together. I'll update the thread when I hear back from him today. My first though was a mouse chewed something, curious if I'm correct in that assumption.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: My mechanic found no issue with the window motor. He tested it too and made sure it wasn't having any odd amperage issues with power. He shut the door hard while holding the button up, and it magically started working again. Confirmed my front speaker was indeed blown which was just a coincidence. I likely hit a pothole or slammed the door shut too hard at some point which hung something up between the switch and motor. Since he got it working, it hasn't stopped in the 'down' position again. Glad my car isn't taped up anymore to keep the rain out :) He didn't charge me either, it was working within 30 mins of him playing around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts