Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I've got nothing. No excuse, that is. Must not have gone far enough down info the TSB or something, perhaps the wages of post-op infection and the battle bring fought recently on that front.... or perhaps abject stupidity.

Thanks for setting me straight. We'll take it apart as soon as I can get under a car again. I appreciate the help, very much.

- Ted
happens to the best of us. Feel better and good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you ever figure out what the other sound is? Mine has a clunking sound that happrns when I am driving and is especially apparent when under load at low speed going up an incline. Like 5mph to 10mph

I cannot figure it out for the life of me!

Could it be a ball joint in the suspension?

Does anyone know?

I suspect that I was charged the time for the test drives? perhaps. ... My rav actually had two noises... 1. the whine/hum of the coupler. 2 an occassional rattle or fluttering from under the car. The rattle is ALMOST all gone. On my drive to work I heard it twice for only about 1/4to1/2 second each time. That is A LOT less than from before the replacement. That tells me that the rattle is likely at least affected by the coupler. What I suspect is that the u-joints are perhaps wearing out and "could" be impacting the coupler issue. If you think about it, the ujoint being slightly wore will put stress on the coupler bearing and vice versa. anyone else have that issue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If your Rav4 is 2006-2012 (US-CA) you do not have to do this repair yourself....
GO TO THE DEALER!....YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO THIS REPAIR YOURSELF!...Today, 01-22-2020, I had my 2012 Rav4 with 142k miles fixed for free!!! they have extended the replacement from 60k miles to unlimited.....saved me from a $2900 estemate by another shop.

2012 Rav4 TSB.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
If your Rav4 is 2006-2012 (US-CA) you do not have to do this repair yourself....
GO TO THE DEALER!....YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DO THIS REPAIR YOURSELF!...Today, 01-22-2020, I had my 2012 Rav4 with 142k miles fixed for free!!! they have extended the replacement from 60k miles to unlimited.....saved me from a $2900 estemate by another shop.

2012 Rav4 TSB.jpg
  • What do you have to tell the dealer for them to repair it for free?
Edit***
I just went to toyota (because I was in for something else) and they said the warranty was only open for a certain period.

Kinda upset right now, I guess I'll just do it myself

101 - 106 of 106 Posts