Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Toyota logo emblem on the rear is just a straight stick-on or if the body has two holes with the emblem having two "pegs" along with the sticky stuff? My 92 4-Runner had the two "pegs", but I know some newer models didn't. I want to take it off, but....

Any info/ideas? Thanks to all in advance. I'm new to the site and I'm hooked! Lots & lots of handy tips and information. I love it!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Won't really help you too much, but the older 4.1 model RAVs like mines are just stuck on with that sticky stuff. :D I would have to make an educated guess that it is the same with your 4.3.

Here's mine's debadged, the Toyota logo WAS underneath the RAV4 logo:

B

·
0 Posts
LoganFan said:
Does anyone know if the Toyota logo emblem on the rear is just a straight stick-on or if the body has two holes with the emblem having two "pegs" along with the sticky stuff? My 92 4-Runner had the two "pegs", but I know some newer models didn't. I want to take it off, but....

Any info/ideas? Thanks to all in advance. I'm new to the site and I'm hooked! Lots & lots of handy tips and information. I love it!
The best way to remove emblems is to heat them up, hair dryer works good. That makes the glue soft and you can use fishing line to go behind the emblem to cut them off. Any glue that is still there can be removed with GooGone or just WD-40.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the input! I successfully removed all of the emblems with no problems and yes, no holes! Thanks again!

R

·
0 Posts
I removed the emblems also but used dental floss. Slowly worked the dental floss behind one corner of the emblem, and with a few minutes of back-and-forth motion, the emblem came off easily.

Removed the word "TOYOTA" and the LOGO emblem, keeping just the "RAV4".

A little WD-40 got the sticky gooey glue off the body that was holding the emblems in place.

But, dental floss is the secret for removing emblems.

*** see picture in my album ***

·
Registered
36 Posts
It is just straight stuck on, I have taken them off and sprayed the black chrome on a pearl white backing. So no problems. It's just a b***h to stick back on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts