Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good evening yall,

I'm brand new to the forum, this is my first post. I have been triggering a P0401 code since I picked up my RAV a month ago. I've replaced the modulator and cleaned the EGR valve, but those didn't fix it. Last thing to do is the replace VSV. I got started on attempting to replace it tonight and it got dark so I stopped and reinstalled the battery tray and battery to re-attempt tomorrow.

HOWEVER,

I ran into a major problem. I went to start up the RAV and nothing...it doesn't crank. All the lights come on, the radio comes on, just nothing from the starter. I've searched and everything I've found doesn't relate to my issue. It was running before I got home to attempt replacing the VSV.

Any ideas would be much appreciated! I'm in a bit of a panic.

FIXED! The clutch switch wasn't engaging...the plastic "key" on the clutch somehow broke off...any suggestions on replacement would be great, or a part number.

Thanks

·
Registered
408 Posts
You've probably missed off an engine earth strap. This is the only car I've had, which doesn't have a direct connetion between the battery -ve terminal and the engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts