Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the Engine and TRC/ASC indicator light on the same time and both go off after some miles. This happened four times until now, under different and no special conditions. I didn't managed to go on time to the dealer (with the indicators lights on) and the mechanic told me that the electronic system of the car hadn't kept the error code. I think that the electronic plate of the antispin system has the problem, as the car spins it's wheels on sudden accelaration and when I have the indicators on (with ASC this shouldn't happen). Has anyone met the same problem? Any suggestions?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FWIW, I have had (and still have) this problem. The CEL and VSC/TRAC light will come on and stay on. I first got it with <1k miles on my RAV and they gave the old, did u fill up recently?/Gas cap routine. It has been in the shop 3 times for this problem and I just got it again this week after it having been in the shop last week. I'm investigating the lemon laws, but to give you another data point, they had replaced a charcoal canister related to the emissions system (2x) as the code said it was bad and another time they replaced something else, but said they did a leak test and they didn't find anything wrong. I asked them if the components seem fine, maybe the computer is faulty, but they didn't seem to interested in exploring that (AE-35 unit anyone!?).

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same problem here. VSC / TRAC + Check Engine

Yesterday both Check Engine and then a few seconds later VSC / TRAC came on. Was hearing some funky squeaks from the front right wheel, told the mechanic at the dealership about it, but he said that probably it has nothing to do with the lights. Made an appointment for tomorrow to check it out. Will post results later...

will finally find out if the extended waranty that I paid 500$ for will finally pay for itself, the car is at 41K

1 - 3 of 3 Posts