Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..been a rough day..radiator split along the front top seam...but what's puzzling me is a clicking sound coming from back of engine on the driver's side...hear it near the wiper cowling, not noticeable inside the car..any advice welcome...maybe I remember similar click from one of my all tracs, caused by some gizmo to raise idle with A/C on and of no real consequence...really doesn't sound like a valve issue.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Can you make and post a video with great sound? Point out where you think the sound is coming from.

Injectors can make audible clicks. Exhaust leaks too, but that's the wrong side of the engine. Try looking at it in the dark to see if it is a spark leak.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Could the clicking be from a relay?

Sorry about the radiator, happened to mine a couple of years ago. I replaced it with the AC condenser in the car and it went fairly easy.

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,044 Posts
If you have the time to order a radiator they are much less expensive and you have a larger selection to choose from, I recently had to replace mine.

From that side of the car, I agree with Roundabout, it may very well be a relay or relays tripping. If one is clicking on and off you may have a malfunctioning relay, switch, or a short somewhere.

You can use a large screwdriver or piece of pipe as a makeshift stethoscope, just put it one end up against whatever you are trying to listen to and the other end against your ear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts