Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of my office co-workers had her '04 awd rav rear-ended last saturday. problem is that the factory alarm has disabled the engine and it won't start.

local toyota says that the alarm is busted & there's no way to start the car coz if they take out the alarm the car will be totally dead!!!

any ideas how to get around this? i'm sure there must be a way, right. toyota wouldn't design a car that you have to write-off just coz it got rear-ended & can't start it!!

·
Premium Member
3,345 Posts
peterpogi2005 said:
one of my office co-workers had her '04 awd RAV rear-ended last saturday. problem is that the factory alarm has disabled the engine and it won't start.
There are NO "factory alarms". They are either port installed or dealer installed. My suggestion would be to found out what REGION of the US her RAV came through... then determine EXACTLY what MAKE/MODEL alarm is on the vehicle. Then... locate a copy of the alarm install instructions... then UNINSTALL the system.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx ravman. i did ask her to find out from toyota what type/model of alarm it was. no idea what is fitted here in the philippines!!

if she can find the alarm type/model, any idea where i can find a manual for it? i think the local toyota may be trying to pull a fast one coz they know it's a company car!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts