Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Afternoon,

Yes it is me again. I've had quite the trouble with this vehicle, and I think I've had it.

Went to start the car today and take it out on the highway to ensure everything was good to go to head home this weekend, a 5 hour ride essentially 100% highway. Well, it started poorly and had a knock sound like in the video provided.

So far since purchasing this from a small dealer, I've had to replace brakes, rotors, tires, (which all 3 should NOT have passed inspection, brakes were metal on metal tires were nearly bald) rear suspension springs and rear sway bar links, window issues (smoke from the driver door wiring; and failure to work period before hand) and now this engine issue. Any idea what it may be, and should I just cut ties with this vehicle? Is there anything I can do with the dealer? Small dealer, bought for 3500, has 119,xxx miles, definitely bought for under value.

Sincerely,

Frustrated BEYOND belief.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Afternoon,

Yes it is me again. I've had quite the trouble with this vehicle, and I think I've had it.

Went to start the car today and take it out on the highway to ensure everything was good to go to head home this weekend, a 5 hour ride essentially 100% highway. Well, it started poorly and had a knock sound like in the video provided.

So far since purchasing this from a small dealer, I've had to replace brakes, rotors, tires, (which all 3 should NOT have passed inspection, brakes were metal on metal tires were nearly bald) rear suspension springs and rear sway bar links, window issues (smoke from the driver door wiring; and failure to work period before hand) and now this engine issue. Any idea what it may be, and should I just cut ties with this vehicle? Is there anything I can do with the dealer? Small dealer, bought for 3500, has 119,xxx miles, definitely bought for under value.

Sincerely,

Frustrated BEYOND belief.

Just a quick ask,, did you ever get to the bottom of this noise,, just bought one for the wife and it has just started doing the same,, thanks in advance.
stuart

1 - 2 of 2 Posts