Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 days ago I’ve got my “new” 1997 Toyota RAV4 with 134K ….I traded it for Ford Taurus…. Hehe.
Everything is good except the noise when I just start the car. Usually it is there for about 3min and after that is just fine ?? In dealership I was told that sound is normal and nothing to be concerned about. I would like to here from some of you that already now your Toyotas. One more question … When do I use lock differential button and do I have to press the button while I am not moving or it can be engaged while driving.

Thank you very much…
:shock:

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm pretty sure you need to be stopped before you hit the button. Our '97 Rav4 valvetrain may clack for about 2 - 3 seconds after a cold start. A few minutes of engine noise doesn't sound quite right. Have you checked your oil level?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chucks97 thx for reply,

Oil is in full range and it's nice and clear. Today again I could here the noise.. after opening the hood noise was coming from belt area (left end) and not from engine. Noise is present as long as car is idling in high RPM (when you start cold car) and slowly is geting better until engin is in the 1000RPM range. (Cold starts at about 2000RPM).. And to my surprise I can here another sound (man I here voices-noises) .. This one is squeaky and is coming from right side and only while I am driving and it is not one long squeak but it goes squeak—squeak—squeak etc…. :?:

Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts