Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 2012 Rav 4 back from the garage today been here 2-3 weeks. car went in for a terrible whine, rumbling banging sound (loud) on the right rear side, plus we had a engine noise upon start up that lasted a few seconds, we had them check this also. 1st they installed a new timing chain and gears which took care of that start up noise then they took for test drive for the rear noise, found the right wheel bearing was bad so they replaced bearing & hub assby. took for test drive still LOUD rumbling roaring sounds, which turned out to be the rear differential rear bearing, they installed new bearing PARTS WERE COUPLING SUB-ASSY & F.I.P.G. Trans. So the Rav runs very quiet they put 30 miles test driving and so far so good just wanted to post incase others have the same problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
V6 or 4cyl?
4 cyl sorry, we drove the car all day yesterday and it is so quiet now, the rattle noise when the car started lasted a few seconds we thought it was the oil filter but since the service dept put new timing chain and gears in that is very quiet engine runs smooth! then the whinning, rumbling noise is gone also after the rear differential had new carrier bearing installed also is very quiet, but looking for the the sounds we described they said the right rear wheel bearing was bad also and it too was replace soo we should be good to go forever I hope the car has 52000 miles on it,, also when we first purchased this car it had 10 miles on it,, after a couple thousand miles miles like 2 or 3 ,,, a new exhaust system had to be put on it due to this crappy loud noise , it was very annoying!,, not sure if this is a lemon or not but we love the car! 2010 4 cy Rav4 3 rd row seat 52000 miles!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts