Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello im new to the forum.and i need some help i have a 2005 rav4 and this morning the battery was death,jump the battery car and all of the sudden engine start like shaking ,drove it to advance auto,car was stalling every time i stop ,no check engine light came on,advance auto guy check alternator ,battery everything good ,turn off car ,then turned back on ,car now drives like nothing happen ,any ideas . thanks

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
Welcome! Was your battery completely dead (zero voltage) before your RAV was jump started (very unusual)? Were the jumping cables momentarily connected or even touched to the wrong posts (e.g,. positive to negative)? Seems that the computer chip system which governs many electrical functions on your vehicle many have needed to reset itself, for whatever reason.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi blogson thanks for your reply,I took the car today to autozone told me battery was shot,the guy told me to replaced it ,and to clean out the throttle body and my idle contro sensor ,I did that car is running fine went around the block. ,will see what happens tomorrow with the long drive to work. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
265 Posts
After a ECU reset (due to dead /disconnected battery), the idle will often be low and shaky as the ECU re-calibrates and clears up after the car is run some.
Cleaning the throttle body and my idle sensor can help as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks you guys for the help ,im pretty sure is like you guys said,after replacing the battery no problems,I really do appreciate the time and advices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts