Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
If a 5S-FE and your RAV-4.1 is FWD, then "fit" is likely (with effort and parts). IDK about the electronics, so research that and let us know. E.g., different types of ignition systems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If a 5S-FE and your RAV-4.1 is FWD, then "fit" is likely (with effort and parts). IDK about the electronics, so research that and let us know. E.g., different types of ignition systems.
Thanks i may gave access to the hole car, how about just the bolt up part, tranny and mount, ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I can't see a reason why it wouldn't bolt in. Just transfer all the 3SFE stuff over including the mounts, brackets, accessories, etc. It's not a huge increase in displacement so I would imagine the ECU could compensate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't see a reason why it wouldn't bolt in. Just transfer all the 3SFE stuff over including the mounts, brackets, accessories, etc. It's not a huge increase in displacement so I would imagine the ECU could compensate.
Thanks for the reply, i lost that deal, still looking for a engine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just looked at a couple of camry's in the junkyard, the right top mount looks different,
On the Rav it goes into the belt cover, the camry it bends around the front

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Still waiting for someone to put a big mid-engine/rear trans arrangement in the back seat! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did the Camry motor work in the rav??if so what problems did you encounter??
Still trying
Just looked at a couple of camry's in the junkyard, the right top mount looks different,
On the Rav it goes into the belt cover, the camry it bends around the front
Yes i saw that mount , it looks like i can use my rav mount setup, i will let you know when i do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did the Camry motor work in the rav??if so what problems did you encounter??
Hello still working on the camry into rav engine swap.
Does anybody have any pics of the motor mounts, alt bracket, i got the car half apart, trying to figure out what goes were, thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts