Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, the Check Engine light came on in my '97 four-door, 4WD RAV4 L. Nothing sounded out of the ordinary that we could hear, and there hasn't been any change of performance that's been noticable. This morning, presumably with the engine being cooler, there was a ticking sound, issuing from the back left side of the engine as you're standing in front of the car, looking at it.

I'm taking it to Autozone later, to get the code checked on the Check Engine light, to give me a better idea of what's going wrong and how to best fix it, but wondered if anybody was up early enough and had an idea what it might be.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I think I know what it might have been...

Well, the engine light turned back off this afternoon, before I could get it to Autozone. I think what it might have caused it is crap from the throttle body breaking loose (I haven't had time to clean it lately) and clogging up something, then passing on through once it was jarred loose again from wherever it had stuck.

I say this because the gas pedal's not sticking anymore, which means the throttle body has likely cleared, and it was pretty sticky beforehand. The engine light's gone off, though, and it's still behaving itself like usual, so it's probably nothing major. If the light comes back on, though, I'll be taking it to Autozone ASAP.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts