Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[SOLVED] Engineers and Mathematicians, will these fit in my Hybrid?

Wife wanted patio furniture and so I have to pick them up Saturday.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49jnI2SkaiTVVJCSXAtMmozZTg/view?usp=sharing

Box 1: 36” x 36” x 28” (67 lb.)
Box 2: 42” x 36” x 28” (76 lb.)
Box 3: 42” x 36” x 28” (65 lb.)

2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid SUV Features & Specs | Edmunds
MAXIMUM CARGO CAPACITY 70.6 cu.ft.

Will I be able to fit them in without damaging her RAV4? I can probably just break the boxes down to accommodate them.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, yeah that is the total volume. :) The hybrid probably has 68 cu.ft. and that doesn't count the irregular sides/corners. Asking a neighbor if we can borrow his trailer and if not, I just might just open one or two boxes to stuff into the RAV4.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I picked up an office chair and a recliner for my daughter. The office chair box fit but the recliner we took out of the box and then we could make it fit. The height of the RAV is 34" so your 36" boxes are not going to fit unless you take the items out the box and then you would have to make more than one trip.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The height of the RAV is 34" so your 36" boxes are not going to fit unless you take the items out the box and then you would have to make more than one trip.
Sure they will as a box has THREE dimensions and one of them is 28". OP how far do you have to go to pick thes up? If it's not too far you just might want to make 2 trips.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm heading over to Home Depot to rent a pick up or cargo van. They rent them out by the hour.

It's about 65 miles each way so better to get it done in one trip.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Stupid mistake

Sure they will as a box has THREE dimensions and one of them is 28". OP how far do you have to go to pick thes up? If it's not too far you just might want to make 2 trips.
You are 100% correct. I looked at the first two dimensions and paid no attention to the last one. That is what I get for NOT reading everything in the post. :frown

·
Registered
72 Posts
You are 100% correct. I looked at the first two dimensions and paid no attention to the last one. That is what I get for NOT reading everything in the post. :frown
Just blame the OP...........HE'S the one that started the whole thing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts