Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just leased a 2016 rav4 le with awd about a month ago. I have an android device and both entune and my phone are updated to the current software (I have a note 4). I connect via Bluetooth and play music usually through spotify or SoundCloud while I'm also connected via USB to keep my phone charged. For some reason the album art never shows up. It's just a Bluetooth symbol. I went into the settings and selected display artwork but still nothing. I'm now wondering if this isn't supposed to happen unless I attach my songs via a USB thumb drive or something or if this is an android issue. Sometimes it will also display incorrect song titles. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think it depends on the app. I store my music on my phone and stream it using bluetooth, if I use Winamp(my preferred music player) the album art doesn't show up but if I use google play it does.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll try that but my buddy tried it on his iPhone through their standard music player and it still didn't display the artwork so I doubt this will

Sent from my Note 4

·
Registered
107 Posts
If I stream songs located on my phone via Bluetooth, I get the album art on the console. I'll try to post a photo of that later.

I have not used any of the Entune built-in streaming apps. The streaming radio app on my phone does not show album art so neither does the Rav when using that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I stream songs located on my phone via Bluetooth, I get the album art on the console. I'll try to post a photo of that later.

I have not used any of the Entune built-in streaming apps. The streaming radio app on my phone does not show album art so neither does the Rav when using that.
Any idea as to why it doesn't just display all album art?

Sent from my Note 4

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've noticed album art weirdness too. Using Bluetooth from my phone, sometimes it shows a generic photo of the artist, which I know is not on my phone, sometimes a generic genre logo like "rock" "jazz" etc., sometimes no art at all and just a Bluetooth symbol, and occasionally the actual album art.

I think it's getting art from an onboard Gracenote database based on mp3/file tags. This seems like a crazy setup. Not sure how it gets updated, and it must be huge. Getting no art at all and only a BT symbol seems to happen for more obscure artists. I'm guessing it won't work at all if the audio files aren't correctly tagged, but then you wouldn't get artist, album, and song title on the display either.

Anyway, it doesn't seem to use album art passed from the source.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I have just entune audio. I just assumed that only higher models will show artwork.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not all higher models work. I have the RAV4 SE with entune plus and only my local stored music show album art work while plugged in via USB

This weekend I was using Amazon prime music through USB and it worked fine; music album artwork and title displayed

Now with Apple Music and Spotify. Unless your in BT you won't get song details. It's choppy to say the least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts