Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2016 Hybrid Limited. Once in a while the entune would either freeze or restart on it's own. Anyone having this issue?

I have set up with my dealer to check it on Mar 25.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Linux4ever,

I have a 2015 XLE with Entune and Nav. I have had this issue with my radio since I bought the vehicle last September. I am now on my 3rd replacement and the issue persists. It doesn't matter if I am listening to the radio itself or through Bluetooth with my tablet or phone, it will randomly stop, then restart. It is frustrating.

I am due to go in tomorrow for the oil change and checkup, so I will complain again. I have been told that I need to document all reboots and if there are enough, we can open a case with Toyota. I am not holding my breath.

Good luck!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Linux4ever,

I have a 2015 XLE with Entune and Nav. I have had this issue with my radio since I bought the vehicle last September. I am now on my 3rd replacement and the issue persists. It doesn't matter if I am listening to the radio itself or through Bluetooth with my tablet or phone, it will randomly stop, then restart. It is frustrating.

I am due to go in tomorrow for the oil change and checkup, so I will complain again. I have been told that I need to document all reboots and if there are enough, we can open a case with Toyota. I am not holding my breath.

Good luck!
What steps did you do so the dealer will do a replacement?

·
Registered
21 Posts
What steps did you do so the dealer will do a replacement?
I just told them exactly what was going on. They said they would have their tech look into it. They called me back and said it was an issue with the radio and would have to be replaced.

It took about a week and a half to get the first new one in and when I got it back, it worked for a while, then started doing it again.

Sort of like lather, rinse, repeat......

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if these head units are design bad from the start. I also wonder if certain frequency that would hit the car could cause the unit either to freeze or restart.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think the main problem is that car companies think they have to re-invent the wheel, so to speak. They are reluctant to pair up with another company to deliver quality products to the customer. Toyota makes great cars, but software.......... not so much. It seems they wanted to lock down the software to be specific to their products. That results in a lackluster performance coupled with inadequate bug fixes and slow updates.

To me, they could have compartmentalized the actual car electronics and system interface to be proprietary and let either Android or Linux developers create a decent, tested multimedia entertainment system as a layer on top of their system that could take advantage of all the apps and programs available to an open operating system.

If I would have known what I know now (we all say that at one point) I would have opted for the cheapest radio install and just went aftermarket for a premium system that would be leaps and bounds over what I have now. Heck, my little Nexus 7 is outperforming the Entune system and it's 4 yrs old!

Again, good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts