Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Entune update is available here:

Unfortunately, I could not put the link and image here because I do not have enough posts.

Operation system: CU.20.26 (the same as before)
Device Driver: CU.22.04 (New)
Audio: CU.22.04 (New)
I did the update this morning, so far I can't tell what is new but I was hopping for a fix for rear JBL speakers but sound quality is the same as before.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Does anyone know if Canadians can use the same software from that site and install it ourselves. I believe I read somewhere long ago that we can’t but just checking. I’d much rather install it myself. Noticed there is no 2016 hybrid option though.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
The '16 Rav4 and '17 Rav4 HV files have the same name, 15TDANNA-CA01_2204.kwi and apparently fix the same issues:

Some 2016 – 2017 model year vehicles equipped with Entune™ Audio (version UU.11.16), Entune™ Audio Plus (version EU.20.25) or Entune™ Premium Audio (CU.20.26) or older may exhibit 1 or more of the following conditions:

Unable to adjust volume while navigation voice is playing.
Abnormal POI Operation.
Phone book will fail to load...

·
Registered
158 Posts
So I went looking through the link for the download and got to the point that it asks about which stereo system. Entune audio or entune audio plus systems. How do I know which one I have?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I updated my radio and instantly gained more hp. jk.

Reactions: LuckySixes

·
Registered
152 Posts
Can anyone get the TSB that goes with this update? My Google search came up dry. I am wondering if there were more fixes than the few mentioned.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I went to the website and needed a new USB that was blank. Being that i thought i would use it later for playlists, I purchased a 16GB USB. I downloaded and copied to the USB per the instructions but could not get the Entune to find it. I called Toyota and they said to go to Apps/General/ Settings and software. I saw the update button but it was grayed out. I could not get my unit to find it. I called Toyota back again and spoke to someone in the Entune section. He stated that the problem may be that they only recommend up to 8GB. IT DID NOT STATE THAT in the instructions.
So I complained got transferred to customer service. I told them they needed to have correct instructions and that I had purchased too big of a USB from and Amazon will not take it back. They were very dismissive and told me to go the dealer as they cannot help with customer issues related to software. Ridiculous!

Now I go the site and it says there is no update available! What's going on Toyota?

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
I've used a 16Gb USB stick several times for Entune updates, it works fine, try formatting it FAT32 first, then try again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does anyone know if Canadians can use the same software from that site and install it ourselves. I believe I read somewhere long ago that we can’t but just checking. I’d much rather install it myself. Noticed there is no 2016 hybrid option though.

I’d like to know this as well....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
From the FAQs:

I don’t see any updates available for my vehicle?

Factory installed multimedia systems are stringently tested so there may not be additional updates required. You may check back at this site periodically for applicable updates.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I went to the website and needed a new USB that was blank. Being that i thought i would use it later for playlists, I purchased a 16GB USB. I downloaded and copied to the USB per the instructions but could not get the Entune to find it. I called Toyota and they said to go to Apps/General/ Settings and software. I saw the update button but it was grayed out. I could not get my unit to find it. I called Toyota back again and spoke to someone in the Entune section. He stated that the problem may be that they only recommend up to 8GB. IT DID NOT STATE THAT in the instructions.
So I complained got transferred to customer service. I told them they needed to have correct instructions and that I had purchased too big of a USB from and Amazon will not take it back. They were very dismissive and told me to go the dealer as they cannot help with customer issues related to software. Ridiculous!

Now I go the site and it says there is no update available! What's going on Toyota?
Update REQUIRES a USB 2.0 flash drive, formatted for win32, but probably below 8gb (guessing).

Now here's MY question - was the update pulled, and is there an update on the that will replace the update pulled?

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Update REQUIRES a USB 2.0 flash drive, formatted for win32, but probably below 8gb (guessing).

Now here's MY question - was the update pulled, and is there an update on the that will replace the update pulled?

As stated previously, format would be FAT32, and a 16Gb stick has worked fine for several updates since 2015 for me. I suspect the updates are only available for a specific time or only until a new update is available. I just downloaded an update for my wife's '15 Prius.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As stated previously, format would be FAT32, and a 16Gb stick has worked fine for several updates since 2015 for me. I suspect the updates are only available for a specific time or only until a new update is available. I just downloaded an update for my wife's '15 Prius.
Hmm Maybe it's the size? 16gb vs 8gb max. FAT32 is logical which is how the Flashdrives come formatted. Do you have a 4gb/8gb USB 2 drive anymore? I know mine get euthanized fairly quickly, and I have to hunt for the 2.0 drives.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hmm Maybe it's the size? 16gb vs 8gb max. FAT32 is logical which is how the Flashdrives come formatted. Do you have a 4gb/8gb USB 2 drive anymore? I know mine get euthanized fairly quickly, and I have to hunt for the 2.0 drives.
How do the internal maps get updated? That's a separate sdxd memory chip, but is that user updatable? Toyota is horrible about selling/giving that to users

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
The Micro SD navigation update cards are available from the dealer for $130 and up, with ignition off, remove old SD card, insert new card, when ignition is turned on the nav update will be installed automatically. I see nav update SD cards available on ebay and Amazon as well for $85 or so, but AFAIK they're either used, new old stock, or clones, so buyer beware.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts