Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe it's time for a new car or a new cell phone, but it's crazy how something can be working for over 3 years and then be incompatible. My Samsung Galaxy S4 has worked with Entune since I got the vehicle new in July 2013. Actually the phone was gotten in Dec '13. Now for some reason, maybe an update? It won't connect to Entune, so I tried to reload the version of Entune I had, but now it's not compatible. Tried the Entune 3.0 app suite, but it won't let me log into it, says my account is locked. Talked to some guy from Toyota who said to just connect to Pandora on my phone through the bluetooth to listen to it in the car. That isn't the way this is suppose to work. I would never get Entune on another Toyota, if I get another Toyota. Maybe it's time for a change...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just to clarify, When you say it won't connect to entune are you talking about the entune app or radio?

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
according to Toyota, my phone is no longer compatible with the app, so when the car looks for Entune , the message on the display is that it can't connect. Make sure Entune is activated on your phone. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4 ver 4.4.4. and according to toyota, I need ver. 5.0.1 for android. When they did this last update for Entune, it made it not compatible. But according to their compatibility page, my phone is compatible. When I try to reinstall Entune on my phone, it says it won't work. The guy at toyota told me if I want to listen to pandora, to open it on my phone and play through bluetooth. So anyone have an idea? I don't know if my phone can be upgraded to lollipop 5.0.1 because it says its up to date.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My iphone suddenly stopped connecting to the stereo as well. I ended up needing to update the software on the stereo. Did that and it's been working ever since. I also have the '13 limited model. My issue was it wouldn't connect via USB or Bluetooth. This may fix the issue you're having as well. You'll need a USB stick drive to install it in your car. Google Toyota downloads entune update. Can't post the link for some reason..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts