Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When listening to MP3's from a USB flash drive I choose random play mode. Random play mode works fine until I shut the engine off. Noticed that when I start the car the next time, I have to set it to play songs in random mode again. This is annoying. This is a BUG in the system and Toyota doesn't seem to care to fix this or at the very least, tell customers why it cannot be fixed. :mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the only workaround is removing the artist and/or album tags from the files.
Removing the artist or any other tag won't fix the problem. Removing the artist tag, will play the songs in alphabetically order. Entune will NOT remember that random was turned on the next time you start the car. It's strange that if you have a CD with MP3's on it, the car does remember random was on. Wish Toyota would fix this or let customers know why they can't or won't.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Removing the artist or any other tag won't fix the problem. Removing the artist tag, will play the songs in alphabetically order. Entune will NOT remember that random was turned on the next time you start the car. It's strange that if you have a CD with MP3's on it, the car does remember random was on. Wish Toyota would fix this or let customers know why they can't or won't.
That's weird. It works for me, and Entune remembers the random setting. I got this Rav4 less than a month. Maybe the firmware is newer?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I don't want random, I just want to listen songs on USB one by one. But Entune does not have this basic function!! I have 2015 RAV4 LE. I don't know if Limited version has better Entune.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't want random, I just want to listen songs on USB one by one. But Entune does not have this basic function!! I have 2015 RAV4 LE. I don't know if Limited version has better Entune.
Still, remove all the tags will blind Entune, and then you can listen songs one by one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There has got to be a way for owners to organize and appeal to Toyota for a software update? Does anyone have any ideas about how to do this?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I can get mine to random... the issue I have (after the latest 'update') is that the audio system won't remember where to start playback after the vehicle is shut off. Everytime I start the car, it starts a random file from the USB - but it will never remember that it was in the middle of a song last time (random mode or not).

Very annoying when you're halfway through a podcast, and it starts it at the beginning again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have made several calls to Toyota who has tried to replicate the issue and they cannot.

I have emailed them several times.

Got a call this morning from someone at Toyota who insists that the problem has to be in the way in which files are being saved. She said she will send a usb with music on it - I'll be anxious to see that.

She said that in the USB mode, there should not even be a browse option showing. (?)

She also said that it should be possible to have folders.

I have an appt with the dealer on Wednesday so we'll see.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts