Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2013 XLE and received this email last week.

Link to Webview: Toyota

Exciting news. I was starting to think I wouldn't see anymore app updates in my model year.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I received this email as well!

So excited because Bing search was horrible. Absolutely horrible.

This also gives me hope that I might actually get Android Auto if/when Toyota ever decides to join all the other car manufacturers in supporting it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Look like the Limited with JBL on 2013 are still waiting... :frown:frown:frown
That's me (Limited with JBL/Nav) and I got the email today. The update doesn't go live until Thursday. You can bet I'll be doing that first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
449 Posts
You are so lucky in the US, up here in Canada we are not allowed the same features that you enjoy on your Entune, something to do with licensing laws which is a bunch of crap in my humble option. I might and update from the link posted above to see what happens.......................

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
You are so lucky in the US, up here in Canada we are not allowed the same features that you enjoy on your Entune, something to do with licensing laws which is a bunch of crap in my humble option. I might and update from the link posted above to see what happens.......................
True, but we get heated seats and auto headlights on the xle in Canada and the US doesn't. Of course it costs $5,000 or so more.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Looks like the update is live. I'm almost done installing :D

So, the search function is improved. I like that that it does a split screen with the map and the list of restaurants. It actually showed me several relatively new restaurants as options.

But, for some reason search refuses to find my Costco that has been open 2-3 years.

I haven't played with any of the other options. The app has not yet updated in the Play Store so I'm not sure how much I can actually do with it. I was surprised that the search would work even without the app update.

Reactions: agstone2

·
Registered
73 Posts
Looks like the update is live. I'm almost done installing :D

So, the search function is improved. I like that that it does a split screen with the map and the list of restaurants. It actually showed me several relatively new restaurants as options.

But, for some reason search refuses to find my Costco that has been open 2-3 years.

I haven't played with any of the other options. The app has not yet updated in the Play Store so I'm not sure how much I can actually do with it. I was surprised that the search would work even without the app update.
Are you able install Successful?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes, install went smoothly. I haven't tried out all the apps yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just completed the update in my 2013 RAV XLE and my wife's 2013 Highlander Limited. Works like a charm in both! Love the new destination search as it blows away Bing. The voice search is awesome and works for all but the newest places I could think of to ask for. Love it! Can't wait to try the entune app on the phone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, after going through the trouble of downloading the update on my flash drive, I went out to my car and started it up. While searching for my software version I got the message that I need to update the software. I clicked OK and it updated OVER THE AIR. But the Entune app update for Android still is not available.

·
Registered
15 Posts
ok...so i tried to update my RAV4. it's an XLE with the basic entune plus package. Not the the full blown entune package. Nothing happened when i followed the instructions. I guess the update is not for the basic head unit.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts