Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I received the app update on my phone, followed the instructions on the website but when I inserted the USB stick into my car, I received a notification that the Security authentication failed.

Will try again in a bit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a 2013 Rav4 Limited with JBL/Entune. I never got an email, but did follow the link to the Toyota site and downloaded the update to my computer. After I copied it to the usb thumb drive I followed the directions and the upgrade installed without any issues. I uninstalled the Entune app from my Samsung s4 and then downloaded it again from the Play store. It gave me the updated version, with Slacker and the new search feature. I'm not sure if it is an improvement, but the Bluetooth seems to link up faster.

·
Registered
126 Posts
When I started my car yesterday I received a message that there was an update would I like to proceed now. Clicked the appropriate box and the download started using my phone connection. After it downloaded I was asked if I wanted to install--clicked the appropriate box and the software installed seamlessly. My phone was updated at the same time. SWEET!

The new "Destination Search" is far superior to Bing and very accurate so far.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes. the Play Store has a update Entune version in yesterday night. I did tested before the Entune upgrade. It works great. I will try it tonight with the new Entune again to see any improvement. So far I like it. However, I did not able to test the IOS with the new system since I forgot take my company phone with me for testing. However, the IOS Entune app has been updated. Sorry IOS users.. :laugh:laugh:laugh

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
I tried to update my 2015 premium JBL system with the USB method, got no response, but it did an update thru my phone once I connected, although I don't recollect it ever showing the version, how do you confirm the software/system version on the 2015 JBL? I looked in Setup> General> but never found a version number, either 3.2.0 or 5.1.0. :confused:

I did use the USB update on my wife's 2015 Prius premium JBL Audio which has a different display and menu options than mine.

G

·
I tried to update my 2015 premium JBL system with the USB method, got no response, but it did an update thru my phone once I connected, although I don't recollect it ever showing the version, how do you confirm the software/system version on the 2015 JBL? I looked in Setup> General> but never found a version number, either 3.2.0 or 5.1.0. :confused:
The USB stick has to be v2.0, it will not work with a v1.0 USB Stick.
If you did use a v2.0 USB Stick, did you remember to push APPS on radio, before inserting the USB ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
As far as I know the USB Method is for 2013 Rav4 that fit several requirements. 2014+ is using different hardware. The firmware may not work. Maybe 2014+ will over the air. My friend had 2015 highlander using over the air, aka via the phone, for upgrade.

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
The USB stick has to be v2.0, it will not work with a v1.0 USB Stick.
If you did use a v2.0 USB Stick, did you remember to push APPS on radio, before inserting the USB ?

Yup, USB 2.0 stick, followed the instructions to the letter multiple times, Apps just gave me the regular Apps menu. Same USB stick worked fine in the Prius after I had already tried it in the Rav, so it's not a corrupt file download.

The over the air upgrade was by wifi while parked in the driveway, I don't use data on my phone, save that for the wife when she wants to use it! :D

21 - 37 of 37 Posts