Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I recently purchased a 2011 v6 base with 63000km. Yesterday i had the 4wd and vsc lights come on as well as the check engine light started blinking and the vehicle started running rough (I was on the highway). I knew a blinking CEL was bad news so I pulled over and turned the vehicle off. After a few minutes I turned it back on and all the lights were off and it was running fine so I drove home. Hasn't happened again yet.
I checked the codes and I got P0301 cylinder 1 misfire.
So before I take it in to the dealership, is there a common cause this could be?
I was thinking spark plug but I don't know why it would be bad at such low km. Or possibly ignition coil? Maybe fuel injector? Was wondering if anyone had this happen and if they had any insight on what it probably would be before I take it in or order parts.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had the same thing last winter. Lights came on then my vehicle lost power. I pulled over and scraped the excessive amount of snow that had caked on the inside of my rim then fired my vehicle back up and all was well.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
The earlier V6s mainly '06 models had ignition coil failures but I haven't heard of any on 2011 models - yet.
Doesn't mean it couldn't happen. I'd just see if it comes back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts