Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today a bird left its mark on my brand new RAV4 hybrid. It was a hot day, sunshine 26 degrees and I had to park the car in that for 11 hours because I had to work without a break and then I get home, notice the poop Clean it away with the Toyota Supplied Q Clean and a soft soft cloth, and there is this etch mark in the paint exactly the shape of the bird poo. It's immovebale.I paid an extra $1000 for the Dura Seal Paint job on a new factory car, and a bird destroys it in less than 24 hours! I'm gutted. There you are.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Amber

·
Registered
524 Posts
Warranty claim would be my first course of action . . . Ya, I don't care how clean your car is - those birds are smart. They won't crap on any of the glass - they always go for the paint.
I'd try using a little formula of 1 to 1 alcohol and water mix. Just dob it on the affected area, and let it sit for a 30 seconds or so, and rub it off. Then take some fine polishing compound (not wax) and go over it again. After that use a good wax (such as Turtle Wax Ice) and finish it off. Good luck.

·
Registered
2020 Limited AWD - Blizzard Pearl/Black
610 Posts
So today a bird left its mark on my brand new RAV4 hybrid. It was a hot day, sunshine 26 degrees and I had to park the car in that for 11 hours because I had to work without a break and then I get home, notice the poop Clean it away with the Toyota Supplied Q Clean and a soft soft cloth, and there is this etch mark in the paint exactly the shape of the bird poo. It's immovebale.I paid an extra $1000 for the Dura Seal Paint job on a new factory car, and a bird destroys it in less than 24 hours! I'm gutted. There you are. View attachment 174349
This happened to my 2019 Rav4 with the Blueprint paint and learned how delicate the clear coat is on this car. I traded up shortly after it happened to a 2020 Rav4 with Blizzard Pearl and now I am much quicker to wipe off bird crap when I see it.

Sorry it happened to you.

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
So today a bird left its mark on my brand new RAV4 hybrid. It was a hot day, sunshine 26 degrees and I had to park the car in that for 11 hours because I had to work without a break and then I get home, notice the poop Clean it away with the Toyota Supplied Q Clean and a soft soft cloth, and there is this etch mark in the paint exactly the shape of the bird poo. It's immovebale.I paid an extra $1000 for the Dura Seal Paint job on a new factory car, and a bird destroys it in less than 24 hours! I'm gutted. There you are. View attachment 174349
Looks like your flag is Australia - apparently some birds where you are have very acid poop! Have had birds, mostly seagulls, poop on our cars, and my wife has not washed it off of her CR-V for months still with no etching or other remnants. Hope that you can get your RAV4 back to pristine condition - what you have experienced is maddening.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Looks like your flag is Australia - apparently some birds where you are have very acid poop! Have had birds, mostly seagulls, poop on our cars, and my wife has not washed it off of her CR-V for months still with no etching or other remnants.
I recall having read that some colors are more prone to etching than are others.

For my last several vehicles, I've gotten paint protection film installed on the entire front (full hood, full bumper, full fenders, mirrors, and door edges) of the vehicles. Besides protecting the paint from stone chips and other debris, the other nice thing about the paint protection film is that bird droppings, tree sap, bugs, etc. wipe off easily and before they can do damage to the paint. With an SUV, like the RAV4 (mine has the larger panoramic sunroof, too), it is nice that there are very few unprotected horizontal surfaces that are likely to end up with bird droppings or tree sap on them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
You need to find someone competent in car detailing. I would go that route first. I can't really tell from the picture if a random orbital polisher and a proper compound would remove that. I have 5 different polishers. I have removed imperfections personally that others thought needed a repaint. I don't buy any of my products from a local auto parts store. They are all purchased from online detailing sites.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts