Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

2006 V6 long wheelbase with third row seats. Roughly 100k miles.
I shipped my RAV from the US to Germany with me when we moved here. It’s been great so far.
Long story short, I now have a stuck brake caliper on the right (passenger) rear wheel, and the outboard brake pad has been almost totally worn away, while the other 7 still have a good amount of thickness left.
I intend to use the opportunity to replace the rotors and pads on all the wheels, plus replace the caliper on the right rear.

Question.
Will EU-spec parts (Toyota brand or aftermarket) fit on my US-spec RAV, and if so, how does one find those part-numbers?

Right now my plan is to order US parts from the states, but they will take a long time to arrive (and/or be very expensive to ship) and means my RAV is now sitting in the driveway until they show up.

For a faster fix, I was hoping to find a locally-sourced parts option here in Europe, but since my V6/long wheelbase version doesn’t exist in this market, none of the parts websites allow me to build a filter for “my vehicle” into their search functions, and I haven’t found a way to compare US part numbers to EU-spec equivalent part numbers, if they even exist.

Thank you for the help, and have a great day!

·
Registered
8,428 Posts
We lived in Europe and shipping costs for parts, etc. from the U.S. are quite high, as you noted. Suggest that since you have only one problem and assuming that the right rear rotor is still fine it would be much less expensive to order only what you need - apparently the one caliper and pads. Also suggest that if the brake fluid has not been changed regularly that be done and continued regularly as that will help to prevent seized calipers, based upon my experience.

·
Registered
582 Posts
If you look on Rockauto, you will find that some 3rd party ones (discs, calipers and pads) have pictures with dimensions. You can use that as your comparation with what is offered in the EU.
Or you can use:
Find the Right Spare Part Quickly With the ZF Aftermarket Catalog

1 - 4 of 4 Posts