Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toyota put together a RAV4 Sport concept model based on the European RAV4 X or T180 (UK) model D-4D (Diesel 180hp).

There is no mistaking the intention of the RAV4 Sports concept, with a beefed-up exterior that includes new bumpers, grille and integrated front fog lights. At the front there is large intake set in above the front protection plate, with a matching plate at the back housing the neatly faired-in exhaust.

To the side there are deep side skirts for enhanced aerodynamic performance and the 21-inch alloy wheels fill the wheel arches to the limit, fitted with 255/35 R21 tyres front and rear.

The 175bhp (177 DIN hp) 2.2-litre D-4D 180 common rail diesel engine, which in standard form is already the most powerful engine in its class, is specially tuned for the RAV4 Sports to deliver 201bhp (204 DIN hp) and 450 Nm of torque.

To meet the demands of the uprated engine, air cooling capacity is increased with a larger front grille and additional air intakes in the bonnet. Braking performance is also greater, with perforated discs with six-piston callipers at the front and four-piston callipers at the rear. The suspension is stiffer and lower compared to the regular T180, with reinforced shock absorbers to ensure the Sports can take the rough as well as the smooth.

Dark tinted glass ensures privacy for those on board, while the Liquid Metal exterior colour has been created exclusively for the model.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not many pics yet, No doubt there will be loads more appearing this week.

Must say I quite like the bodykit and front end looks good, THough I don't care for the 21" wheels the normal 18" look better suited. I suspect this RAV4 Concept is T.T.E. development and most if not all the bodykit parts and wheels etc and even the tuning kit will be sold in Europe at somepoint.

I did find these two pictures:-

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have price list from TTE

I have list some of those parts, it got in last december, There is also prices for europe. I think www.tuningbox.com will bring even better performance for that. Something like 202bhv and 480Nm torque

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KingKyu said:
Looks awesome without the spare tire on the back!
Yeah...but, where is the spare? The cargo looks smaller, and there is no spare on back. Hmmmm...probably not much room in the cargo area if the spare is in there. I know I voiced this before...but, I like the spare in back because a RAV wouldn't be a RAV w/o it! LOL!

I don't like the wheels either.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This Concept RAV4 and normal RAV4 X or T180 Diesel RAV4 have run flat tires that is why there no spare tire/wheel.

And the European RAV4's are not the LWB RAV4's that North American has, Euro spec is 5 Seats only unlike 7 Seats in North America.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There is no spare! It only has four wheels with 'run flat' tyres.

I am not sure I like the idea.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
spare tire

RAVishing said:
Yeah...but, where is the spare? The cargo looks smaller, and there is no spare on back. Hmmmm...probably not much room in the cargo area if the spare is in there.
Maybe they did what Honda did to their Hybrid Accord. The Accord does not have a spare tire, just a can of tire aerosol sealant! Very bad idea. Many Accord owners who had flats/blowouts are fuming mad. I guess, I shouldn't complain then. I'd rather have the big spare displayed on the back than none at all.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Scott Cummings said:
This Concept RAV4 and normal RAV4 X or T180 Diesel RAV4 have run flat tires that is why there no spare tire/wheel.
ahhhh...thanks for the info!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts