Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Czech Republic. I am the new owner hybrid RAV4 and I have a question. What is your record range in EV mode? My record is about 4.5 km (2.8 mi). Sorry for my English :)
Here is video
youtu.be/qxjelK9hWVY

Attachments

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Depends on what you're referring to . If you mean using the EV mode button, that's not what its for and it actually doesn't work unless the car is fully warmed up. Striaght and level you won't get more than a mile or two.
Normal EV mode that occurs while driving is dependent on the local terrain, speed, etc.

In every case its bad to discharge the traction battery, because it just has to be charged again by the ICE, which generates an increased load on the ICE - uses more gas.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a route that I take to get into the city when I don't want to take the highway. There is about a 6 mi stretch that has a speed limit of 40 mph and it's the perfect negative grade that the car will stay in EV and only deplete 2-3 bars of the traction battery the whole 6 mi. I regularly get above 60 mpg when I take this route just because of this long stretch. I only get high 30's for mpg going the opposite way, if only there was a way to drive downhill both ways!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I think the longest stretch I've done was about 2 miles on a perfectly level road going roughly 35 MPH.
I'm surprised to read this. When I drove the RAV4 Hybrid 2017 last month, the EV mode stopped at 40 km/h (25 mph)?

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
Using the EV Mode button is limited to 25mph and controlled throttle application, the EV Mode light(ICE off) can be on upwards of 50mph depending on conditions, maybe even higher, on a long slight downhill I've had the ICE turn off at 55-60mph with just enough throttle to maintain speed, but the EV mode indicator light didn't turn on, the energy monitor showed just the electric motor running, no ICE power.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Using the EV Mode button is limited to 25mph and controlled throttle application, the EV Mode light(ICE off) can be on upwards of 50mph depending on conditions, maybe even higher, on a long slight downhill I've had the ICE turn off at 55-60mph with just enough throttle to maintain speed, but the EV mode indicator light didn't turn on, the energy monitor showed just the electric motor running, no ICE power.
Ok, thanks for the explications!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts