Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

EV Mode Speed/Distance

17633 25
I was hoping someone might be able to comment on the EV MODE setting. Can't seem to find much information on this other than you can drive in electric only mode in the right conditions. So I was wondering what speed can you go in EV Mode and what sort of distance can you drive?
Hoping to be able to purchase a rav4 Hybrid in New Zealand but looks like they are sold out till late this year early next year depending on the model.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks all, ok so I was in eco mode and had the heaters on so ev switched off within minutes of having the car on. A bit of experimenting and with heaters off, ev mode stays on for a while whilst driving/coasting at around 25mph, so all good so far. On a separate note can you change the Home Screen to not have the navi as it just takes up too much of the space, tried to go to settings but nav is greyed out lastly Each time you press the brake pedal you hear a knock,any speed, any ideas on this

·
Registered
342 Posts
I don't hear a knock when I touch the brake pedal. Drove about 3 miles today in EV mode, but you can't touch the gas pedal, well only very lightly. And keep speed below say 22 mph.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys something I have noticed on my uk rav4 dynamic hybrid 2019 and when I filled up the tank to full it was showing 407 miles as the amount I can get on a full tank, my mate had the same car but the design model and his shows 570 miles?? so far I have driven 43 miles and now the tank reading is showing as 348 miles left. Do these reading look wrong? As judging by what I have read online it should be much better. I get around 37mpg with a mixture of motorway and local which isn’t great? Any advice would help

21 - 26 of 26 Posts