Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The evaporator code trips off 3 codes on my panel. Been doing it for quite awhile. Dealer said bring it in when fuel is down to 1/4 tank. He said It might be gas cap @ 65 dollars to fix or maybe the evaporator filter @ 1000 dollars to fix.

The O-ring for the gas cap is not sold separately. Anyone know the size of the O-Ring?

Any suggestions for doing it inexpensively??

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Hopefully the cause is the gas cap - you can measure the cap itself but to be safe do so away from the fuel filler to avoid a static electricity spark. Here, one can buy a gasket at Ace Hardware. The dealer price is high. Does it include diagnostic testing? You can replace the gasket and use the RAV normally for a few days and see whether that solves the dash warning display problem. The evap. replacement if needed obviously costs mega bucks - ouch!

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Hopefully the cause is the gas cap - you can measure the cap itself but to be safe do so away from the fuel filler to avoid a static electricity spark. Here, one can buy a gasket at Ace Hardware. The dealer price is high. Does it include diagnostic testing? You can replace the gasket and use the RAV normally for a few days and see whether that solves the dash warning display problem. The evap. replacement if needed obviously costs mega bucks - ouch!
Is this gasket part of the cap, or separate?

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Is this gasket part of the cap, or separate?

The gasket on the gas cap on my '11 RAV is an 0-ring, looks like it is removable and replaceable, but I haven't tried to do so since I haven't had a problem with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts