Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This popped up on the screen directly above the steering column of my wife's new Hybrid today. Anyone ever get it? Why?

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
I had it pop up, a number of times, during my long trip. The purpose is to remind you to take a break, so you will be more alert while driving. I really think, Starbucks missed a perfect opportunity to flash their Siren at us, and send a quick subliminal message.....you need coffee.

Reactions: cardoso

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's the sway warning when you consistently get alerted from the lane departure system. It means you aren't driving in a safe manner, as if you are tired and weaving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
It's the sway warning when you consistently get alerted from the lane departure system. It means you aren't driving in a safe manner, as if you are tired and weaving.

I don't believe this symbol has anything to do with lane departure or trailer sway. There is a separate button and symbol for that. I did not find the coffee symbol addressed in the owners manual, but in my experience, it seemed to be triggered, based on driving time (in my case, every 4 hrs), and serving as a reminder to take breaks. I was able to turn it off (reset it), each time. Of course, it is possible, I missed something in the manual.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had it pop up, a number of times, during my long trip. The purpose is to remind you to take a break, so you will be more alert while driving. I really think, Starbucks missed a perfect opportunity to flash their Siren at us, and send a quick subliminal message.....you need coffee.
hahaha, yes, they missed the opportunity to make the navigation system to start showing Starbucks locations in your map. >:D

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't believe this symbol has anything to do with lane departure or trailer sway. There is a separate button and symbol for that. I did not find the coffee symbol addressed in the owners manual, but in my experience, it seemed to be triggered, based on driving time (in my case, every 4 hrs), and serving as a reminder to take breaks. I was able to turn it off (reset it), each time. Of course, it is possible, I missed something in the manual.

Not trailer sway. Vehicle sway, it's a coffee cup to say wake up and/or take a rest

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
Not trailer sway. Vehicle sway, it's a coffee cup to say wake up and/or take a rest

Yes, the trailer sway is part of the Vehicle Control System (VCS), but has nothing to do with the coffee cup display. My coffee cup display is not triggered by sway or driving technique. It is triggered by time.

However, when the coffee cup is displayed, my vehicle pulls to the left or right, depending on which side of the road, the Starbucks is on :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was warned that my fuel is low and whether i wanted to search for gas stations... I too love this car!... errr CUV.

Showed off my HV to my dad few weeks ago... now he too is a proud owner of a RAV4 Hybrid Limited as of last week.

Attachments

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
I was warned that my fuel is low and whether i wanted to search for gas stations... I too love this car!... errr CUV.

Showed off my HV to my dad few weeks ago... now he too is a proud owner of a RAV4 Hybrid Limited as of last week.
Nice. I didn't know it would utilize that screen to display the low on fuel warning, but it makes sense. This seems ripe for a hack to set reminders for all kinds of things, groceries after work, birthdays and anniversaries, and appointments :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I noticed that the "Sway Warning" screen has a bar, that fills up every time you cross a lane line (and when it beeps), plus over time. It took me two hours and 5 lane departure warnings to get to this warning.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Exactly what Normis said. Basically, after you cross over the lanes too many times that "bar" decreases and when it "depletes" it tells you it's time to rest because you aren't fully attentive to the road.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've gotten that message a couple of times, always when I've been drifting out of the lane. Very annoying on narrow roads.
Annoyed? Wow, that is one scary post.
If you cannot keep the car in your lane, you should not be driving. There are other humans using these roads keep in mind.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've gotten that message a couple of times, always when I've been drifting out of the lane. Very annoying on narrow roads.
Annoyed? Wow, that is one scary post.
If you cannot keep the car in your lane, you should not be driving. There are other humans using these roads keep in mind.
Keep this in mind... You don't need to cross the lane marker to set off the alarm; you only need to come close. This of course happens more frequently on narrow roads, which was my point.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Keep this in mind... You don't need to cross the lane marker to set off the alarm; you only need to come close. This of course happens more frequently on narrow roads, which was my point.
I only have BSM so I've never seen it. But you did say "always when I've been drifting out of the lane."

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've never been able to get this message. I drove for 5 hours this morning, and I had at least 5 intentional lane departures because there was debris on the shoulder, and when I checked at the end, the bar was maybe 10% filled. I wonder why it would not have been higher. Maybe it somehow knows I am avoiding things. (Don't worry, it's always on straight stretches and never with oncoming traffic... and only usually on or 1-4 inches over the line).

·
Registered
240 Posts
This popped up on the screen directly above the steering column of my wife's new Hybrid today. Anyone ever get it? Why?

Saw this for the first time recently on an all day drive. We never go much more than 2 1/2 hours without stopping so I suspect it's timed around the 2.5 hour mark.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts